I485 petition approved for myself and my wife. Good luck to everyone!

NIWer

Registered Users (C)
PD:10/98, RD:12/99, ND:01/00, FP:03/12/01. EB2/NIW/China, self petition, No RFE. one AP and two EAD.
Called VSC today, case was approved on 04/13/00 according to the message system. Interestingly, I called VSC the evening of 04/13/01 as well, the message was the old one. It seems to me that VSC did upgrade the message system during this weekend.

My sincere thanks to Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna for maintaining this excellent discussion board and to everyone on this board, who stayed together and shared all the moments of up and down. It is all of your past and current efforts that have been constantly adding fresh hope to this boring/bumpy ride.

My Best wishes to everyone who is still waiting. If you see the brightness in the dark, you are not very far from the end of tunnel!

Also, I appreciate if someone could post on things to bring for stamping.

No Title

Congratulations NIWer :) Thanks for posting. I am PD: 10/98, EB2, RD:11/99, ND: 11/99, FP 3/01... and waiting impatiently for the msg to change to "Approved". Although I called IIO on Fri 4/13 and the lady rudely said wait for 2 to 3 months. After I could not get answers to my questions, I said Thank you, and she didn\'t reply back instead hung up the phone.

No Title

hi my nd is 10/99 ( after 25 ) my pd is 11/96, my fp is 3/01. do you guys think i should be able to see light. called iio on thursday -
case is still pending... that was it

No Title

Scoboo:
Glad to know that we have very similiar dates. However, I never was able to talk to IIO before. But from the previous posts on this board, IIO\'s response has been not very accurate. I have seen some people get a response like "2-3 month" but was actually approved on the same day of calling. It seems that VSC currently is in a very fast pace approving I485 cases. Given the fact of the relatively small volume for Nov99-Jan00 cases, they should have finished those cases in a few weeks. Hope the message will change for you in a few days. Good luck

No Title

Hi, NIWer, did you change your emploer during I485? I\'m in same situation ( NIW/EB2/China, self petitioner) as yours, but I changed employer. My ND is 2/00. I\'m worried that they will send me RFE and then transfer my case to local for interview. Please reply, thanks.

No Title

I never changed employer but the description of my job was changed a couple of times due to promotions. Also for self-petitioner, I think that one should be O.K. to change the employer as long as he/she stay in the same field. In the worst situation that switch of field did occur, you may cite the new law, right? Good luck!