I485 Pending, Job change

leohawk

Registered Users (C)
I just got my self-filed EAD approved (I used AP, but I expect to change job). The job is in the same field as I stated in my NIW.

I wonder what I need to do to switch to my new position, I will meet the company lawyer, any thing special I need to pay attention to?

thanks

First and foremost. Change your lawyer if your current lawyer works in the interest of your current employer and not you.

File AC21, this is nothing but letter from your new prospective employer with salary and the job description that is same or similar as the job for which your I-140 was filed and approved. A cover letter stating that under the law of AC21, that you are changing your employer. Some additional supporting documents may be required such as paystubs for last two months etc including your new employer.

I think bec NIW is your own petition (employment based but not employer petitioned), you don't need to do anything. If sometime had passed after you filed the I-485 (or you moved and filed a change of address AR-11), they might ask for an EVL prior to final decision of your case and you can then send the EVL from new employer. You just have ask them to specify that your new job is in the same field as in your I-140 petition. Below is link to some info:
http://www.hooyou.com/i140&i485/zbg_memo.htm
Take note of #2 and #4.
----------
Josie
EB2/NIW VSC
I-140: ND (12-30-04); AD (7-22-05)
FP: Taken (9-15-05); Received (9-27-05)
I-485: ND (9-7-05); AD (2-2-06)