I485 Pending for the last 5 years :(

skutty

Registered Users (C)
Hello , I am new to this site - but in need for some desperate help in moving fwd. My husband used to be on this site sometime back but kind of gave up hope. We have been waiting for I485 for the last 5 years. RD is JUNE 16 2003. We have been Renewing our EAD for the 4th or 5th time now. Went for FP once in between. I140 was approved End of 2004. Have been renewing AP as well. Everytime we place enquiry we have been getting 90 days notices as usual and this has been going on for sometime. You know how frustrating this is :( . We went thru the senator but got a standard reply from the USCIS as usual. Also went thru a lawyer - but again I believe they have requested for a Freedom of Information or something and this has been going on for more than a year now with no news. Anybody having the same problem? - Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated... you think our case is hopeless??? We really want to know what is going on? and what we need to do to expedite the process - whatsoever is causing it... only if we knew thou... but how can we know? no idea!...

You may read about Writ of Mandmus (WOM), search about WOM on forum. Have all evidences-reply from USCIS,senator. Many people got success with it.

You may read about Writ of Mandmus (WOM), search about WOM on forum. Have all evidences-reply from USCIS,senator. Many people got success with it.

Even My case is pending sine SEP 2003. USCIS says my Back ground check is pending. However FBI did sent me an email and letter saying Name check has been completed in 2005 and results have been forwarded to USCIS. When contacted VSC through congress man it said back ground check has been completed. But Boston office (now transfered to Boston) says it is still pending. I am very confused and thinking to for WOM. Any suggestions on implications of going in WOM route?

Do you know any good attorney in Boston Area?

Thanks

I got a reply from Rajiv's blog saying the only last resort for my case is to write to Laura Bush!!! - with all these elections going on , i wonder if she or her counterparts will have time for my case? :) - has anyone gone thru her , i really wonder? - hoping it is no joke.

I got a reply from Rajiv's blog saying the only last resort for my case is to write to Laura Bush!!! - with all these elections going on , i wonder if she or her counterparts will have time for my case? :) - has anyone gone thru her , i really wonder? - hoping it is no joke.

Hi Skutty,

I am in a similar position. I was wondering if you guys took any action after your last post ?

Me too in the same boat

Priority Date May 2003

finger prints 3 times
EAD 7
AP 7
Contact congress man
Writ of Mandmus
Called like 100's of time to know the status

I485 pending interview was in oct 2007

Hello,
i am writing in behalf my wife. we had a interview in oct 2007, from then USCIS says the case is in the FBI for background checking. Yesterday i called USCIS and said the FBI check is between 6 months ans 2 years?????
How to check with FBI if they did the check?
Please help. we don't know what to do!
thank you in advance

A while back wasn't there a memo on pending FBI checks by more than 180 days?

If your FBI check is pending more than 180 days , that shouldn't stop your 485 approval. This is what I remember reading.

No we are in the same stage as old. Just one thing that happened last week is My husbands application for I485 got moved to Nebraska from the Vermont Center. But mine is still at the Vermont center - Donot know what that means? We have been getting the EAD approved on time - but no movement or progress on the GreenCard what so ever - Unsuccessful completion of 6 years from the Rcpt Date June 16th 2003 ... don't know whom to turn to or what to do? Didnot know things could be so irresponsive and slow slow in an organisation like that!!! no choice thou ... just plan to hang on.

e mail from uscis
I called and inquired about my case from uscis and in response i received this e mail. can some one tell what it could be.
The status of this service request is:

Your case is still pending at the Washington Field Office. You should receive a notice of action within 60 days of the date of this letter. You were waiting for a visa to become available. They are available again, your application will be reviewed and a decision will be sent to you by mail

Hello, I had my interview for adjustment of status on Aug 2014, and since then my case has been pending. Inquiries have been sent, but I only got 90 days of notice. I know it's been only about a year compared to your waiting time, but I will appreciate if you let me know what happened in your case. Did you get your green card aproved? How much longer did you wait? How did you resolve your matter?? Any advice? Please and thank you.