i485 Pending at MSC/National Benefits Centre

clarehills

In late January 2007 I passed my i130 interview with my wife who is a US Citizen. Shortly after I received my i765 EAD card which was great, the i130 was also approved but the i485 is still pending.

The receipt dates for the i485 is February 1 2007. I have been trying to get an estimated completion date for the i485 but there is none listed on the uscis website for that type of application at the MSC! I even tried calling them and they do not seem to know either.

Does anyone else have a pending i485 at the MSC centre? Has anyone received approval? How long did it take?
T:confused: hanks
C

Hi,
I was in your shoe for nearly 3 and half years. We applied our package dec.2003 in MSC and waited and waited. We tried calling the toll free number and they said it will take some time bc they work with files in order they receive it (Bull Sh**!!), also made couple of number of info passes and no one could help nor any status been changed. Finally we started writing to our local congressman for help and got a interview for august. Thats all I can tell you. It worked!!

We had our interview on October 11, 2006 - I-485 pending due to a namecheck. Had two or three infopasses - they don't have any info, and last time the officer didn't want to let me in saying that there are no news... Terribly Frustrating!!!!

our case was transferred here as well, 7/11/2007, got interview notice for just my sister/mother (primary applicant) 9/5/07...interview is 11/13/2007.

we will see. in the meantime, lets try and keep this thread alive so we can keep eachother updated. :)

I Would Like To Know How Many People That Are Now Stuck In "name Check", Have Use A Lawyer. It Seem's That The Ones Who File There Papers Them Self Are The Ones That Are Stuck In "name Check" They Are People That I Know, That File After Me,with A Lawyer,and Have Already Got There Greencard. Even In My Own Family. I Am One That Is Stuck. Even Before The Interview Started The Officer Ask Me If I Had A Lawyer, And Them TELLS Me,That She Cant Approve It Today.because Of F.b.i Name Check.that Was The Last I Heard Of My Case.i Am Still Stick With A Work Card, Having To Rennew It Every Year.

Let's keep this string alive

It's been a little over 6 months now that I have applied for GC. Interview was in June'07 and the case status has been showing "Case Received and Pending" ever since. Anyone in such a situation and what should be next steps?

Hi there, do you think writing to congressman will help move the case faster? We rec;d letter saying the file is delayed, and we filed in 2005!

I had I-485 interview July 2006. I am also stuck in the Name check process.

Nobody gives me any new info. Everyone utters the same old line. "Stuck in name check".

I Would Like To Know How Many People That Are Now Stuck In "name Check", Have Use A Lawyer. It Seem's That The Ones Who File There Papers Them Self Are The Ones That Are Stuck In "name Check" They Are People That I Know, That File After Me,with A Lawyer,and Have Already Got There Greencard. Even In My Own Family. I Am One That Is Stuck. Even Before The Interview Started The Officer Ask Me If I Had A Lawyer, And Them TELLS Me,That She Cant Approve It Today.because Of F.b.i Name Check.that Was The Last I Heard Of My Case.i Am Still Stick With A Work Card, Having To Rennew It Every Year.

Hello bajanras-i am in a similar situation i am still waiting on my I485 and i field the application myselfd and didnt use a lawyer,would that be the real reason for the delay

Below is my timeline..

thanks
cg

i feel your fustration, i have been waiting for over two years as well. just today i tried calling my congressman!! hope that works.