I485- past status problems

abalu4000

Hi all

I will be filing for my I140 now. I am eligible for a I485 concurrent filing. Mine is a self-sponsored petition. Now, what I want to know is if I have spent some time on the bench sometime ago and my W2 reflects it, will it be a problem for tthe 485.

i have been with the same employer since 2004 and in 2006, i was paid less, but paid bench amount for around 3 months - there was never a week for which I do not have a paystub. However, my W2 amount will be around 25% less than the H1b amount on the petition.

So, what do i do, my 'bad' year was 2006. So, i was thinking that I would try to file my 485 next year and try to give them the w2 for 2007 and see if that goes through -- should i talk to the lawyer about it?

Thanks
Balu

If you're filing in EB-1 EA category, you may not need employment or income proof. I didn't include neither W2, paystubs, tax return, nor employment letter, and was approved with no problems. EB-1 EA is an achievment based category.

I am filing a 485 application for my spouse who is in USA on H4 (valid till 2010).I got the 485 approval before a month thr employment based category. Appreciate your inputs on following 5 issues...Thanks for your help in advance.

1)Part 1 of form 864, affidavit of suppport should I check on a) or b)
a) I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative.
b)I filed an alien worker petition on behalf of the intending immigrant, who is related to me as my _ _ _ _ _ ___ I did not get the meaning of "alien worker petition"

2)While sigining 485 do I have to notarised the signature?( sign in fornt of notary) or it's not required.

3)Approval of my 485, means she is out of status on H4 since month..Her h1 thr lottery is pending with USCIS ....Does this give her a legitimity to stay in USA till h1 ia adjusdicated? '

4)On 485 ,should I meantion her current immigration status as H4 with a validity of 2010 or as pending H1?

5) can I file my spouse 485 by myself as at last minute attorney is doubling my fees
Appreciate your inputs.