I485 length of time for approval?

david_lyon

Registered Users (C)
My PD is now current Nov 2002, EB3, does anyone know assuming I dont have any delays in the name check or background checks how long on average it takes to get my I485 approved and the GC? I have looked at other websites and graphs for predictions of I485 processing but would like the more reliable data source from the people here on this forum as I think its more reliable and accurate than any other website on the internet...IMHO

Thanks in advance

Have you already filed the I-485, but got stuck in retrogression since 2005? Or are you just filing it now? If you're just filing it now, go by what the other web sites with more comprehensive statistics are saying.

If you filed it before the big retrogression of 2005, it could be as soon as this month. Some people on this forum have already been approved this month now that their PD is current and USCIS already had more than enough time over the past two years to look at their cases.

We have the same priority date and my I-485 was approved on May 3rd. You may want to call the USCIS (if you haven't already) and get a "service inquiry" done. It will force the USCIS to look at your file and send you a notice as to why it hasn't been approved yet.

I initiated a service inquiry on the 1st of May, the first day my priority date became current.

Good luck!

mdh

thanks for your answers, my lawyers are submitting my I485 in 1-2 weeks time, so I guess it might be a good few more months...

Oh! You haven't filed your I-485 yet! In that case, you'll probably get approved when the processing date moves forward.

Depending on which processing center you send your I-485 too....

USCIS Processing Times

For example, Nebraska is currently working on I-485s that were submitted before Sept 11/2006. So if you submit in two weeks, you'll have to wait until the processing date moves past May 20th/2007.

I would guess you'll have at least a 6 month wait ahead of you.

mdh

Hi all

I have a quick question. I filed for I-140 on November 24 2006 and got it approved (in EB1) on Dec 6 2006, I had also filed the I-485 concurrent with the I-140 at the same time (November 24 2006). I checked the processing times for the employment based petitions and it shows the dates of October 14 2006 (updated April 18 2007). Also the visa bulliten shows the dates to be current for this category. What does all this mean for the green card approval.

Hi all

I have a quick question. I filed for I-140 on November 24 2006 and got it approved (in EB1) on Dec 6 2006, I had also filed the I-485 concurrent with the I-140 at the same time (November 24 2006). I checked the processing times for the employment based petitions and it shows the dates of October 14 2006 (updated April 18 2007). Also the visa bulliten shows the dates to be current for this category. What does all this mean for the green card approval.

You can call up the USCIS and ask for a service inquiry. I think once your application has passed the current processing date for 30 days and is current you can call and have them check on the status of your case.

mdh