I485 -- keep her or let her go

csn

Registered Users (C)
I submitted my 485 together with my wife at Jun 2003. I am the primary applicant, and she is my dependent/derivative.

Our relationship deteriorated since then, and my wife threatens to leave US and go back home country in Asia now. The problem is that she has an arrest record 1 year ago and later charged as municipal ordinance, so I am expecting an interview for that incident, and my attorney told me both of us need attend the USICS interview since she is my derivative. The interview may come at any time, and if she can not make the interview, will it impact my 485 application?

I need make a tough decision here. Should I try to keep her here with me for the interview or should I let her go- once and for all? If her absence in the interview does not impact my 485, I would like her go.

Your idea is appreciated.

I think you are mixing up two issues here. You have to set your priorities first. Family or Green Card. Once you have your priorities clear you will have the answer by itself in front of you.

My question is: If she can not make the interview, will it impact my 485 application? I do not care about family union at all.

I think if she cannot attend the interview it is going to impact 485 bigtime (myguess). So, if you are not going to stay with her anymore get rid her I-485, talk to your attorney for the expert advice and don't hid anything from you attorney.

csn said:
My question is: If she can not make the interview, will it impact my 485 application? I do not care about family union at all.

If she cant attend the interview, then (do consult a lawyer) you have to let immigration authorities during the interview about her abandoning the application but in my opinion they will ask an affidavit from her

csn,
I know for a fact that if you are primary applicant, then it doesnt matter if the derivative doesnt appear for the interview. The primary applicant will have no problem.. For the derivative, you can say at the time of the interview that she cannot appear due to family reasons.. Trust me , you will have no issues...

Now why your wife doesnt want the GC is a seperate matter altogether...

csn said:
I submitted my 485 together with my wife at Jun 2003. I am the primary applicant, and she is my dependent/derivative.

Our relationship deteriorated since then, and my wife threatens to leave US and go back home country in Asia now. The problem is that she has an arrest record 1 year ago and later charged as municipal ordinance, so I am expecting an interview for that incident, and my attorney told me both of us need attend the USICS interview since she is my derivative. The interview may come at any time, and if she can not make the interview, will it impact my 485 application?

I need make a tough decision here. Should I try to keep her here with me for the interview or should I let her go- once and for all? If her absence in the interview does not impact my 485, I would like her go.

Your idea is appreciated.

Her absense in interview does not affect your GC. One of my friends went thru similar situation and got his approval on the spot.
The interviewer can ask you about your wife. In that case, you can choose to tell the truth or just avoid asnwering directly.

It is really encouraging to read all you guys' reply. I will be more than happy to see her leave now after suffering so long, and worried too about the GC process.

If you don't care about the family (not being with your wife), then you may talk your attorney and may withdraw her i-485.At least you can get the approval without any interview process.

Just a thought..