I485 issue ...Please help Laid off > 180 days from rd

king101

Hi I got laid off after 180 Days of I485 filing (I have completed FP also). I Asked my lawyer about AC21,He says he has not seen any case approving using this law(AC21) and if i join new company I need to file I140 again ?? Is it true? I am getting a new offer soon but it will take few days.What should i do?? Also I got Interim EAD for my wife but it is valid for 3 months and actual petition for EAD need more info(RFE)... what should I do...Please help...

Regards,

info

RD 08/22
ND 09/21
FP (schedule 03/23) done on 02/06
AVM : got fp on 8th feb and processing resumed.My friend with same RD got approval...So tensed ....

Please help...

you all are great..

REgards,

King

calm down your nerves

your case looks pretty strong to me given the fact that you have already completed 180 days with the sponsoring company and u\'re done with FP too. since you have another job lined up, i don\'t see a problem in your case.
and from what i have learned from this web site and my attorney, AC21 law requires you to find a job with similar job description and there\'s absolutely no need to file for a fresh I-140. i think your attorney is being greedy:)

hope that helps!

You are fine, go to get the similar job, just in case INS needs REF.

Yeah, your attorney is greedy for your I140 application fee,
I think. I have one attorney friend who told me that we
are safe after 180 calendar days from I485 RD.
Maybe your approval is coming without any REF. God bless you!

You should be fine !!!

King,
You should be fine I assume as recently one of my friends got approved using law AC21. Just make sure that your new job has same job description as the previous one.

Good Luck.

- Koyal

please read this discussion

I feel you r okay but u do need to find a job asap

AOSWaiter_485 "****AC21 law discussion" 2/24/02 1:12pm

i-485 csc received date June-2001

Hi,
Just wondering in anybody similar to my case has got any approval for 485 yet..

Details as below..

15-june-2001 (received date)
15-august-2001 (notice date)
27-november-2001 (FP)
EB2 India
CSC ...

Hunk

Job description

Do we need to use the job description from the LCA application ?

thanks..