I485 - interview to local office thread

ProActive

Registered Users (C)
Fellow interviewee,

On the isn.org newsgroups there was a post from \'hyyang\' on his successful interview in SJ. He was notified about the interview intention in 09/00.

Please post any available information to this site, when available. Some of us will continue reading it for quite some time. The AVM changed on my case to \'interview\' in 05/01.

Good luck!

----- crossposted from http://pub35.ezboard.com/fisnforumsi1485forum.showMessage?topicID=11263.topic&index=3 ----
RAPIDACT:

The interview took about 40 minutes for my whole family.
That is a very nice lady.
I gave her my new employer\'s letter and tax (w2). She noticed I changed job, but not supprised. Then she
asked me:
1) What\'s your job duty?
2) Why and when did you leave the sponsor company?
So basically she tried to make sure I stayed with
the old company at least 180 days and now work in the similar field.

Then she moved on the other routine questions.

So overall everything was smooth and my attorney
did not speak one word.

Hope this info is helpful for other guys.

hyyang

No Title

i read this message on Friday at the ISN site. I wonder how long will my Interview scheduling take place. I am also planning to change my job since 180 days have elapsed since my filing of AOS.

Please let me know your comments on JOB changing after 180 days pending interview .

Thanks
Unluckywaiter

No Title

Guys..this is interesting and big win.....guys with 180 days on485 or are being laid off...this is the green signal...Congrats..

No Title

Unlucky one,

Everybody has to make his/her own decisions and then live with them. Personally I do not plan to switch jobs unless forced to, but this is an easy decision since I am pretty happy in my current position.

Even if things were different (bad salary, uninteresting projects, stupid boss or whatever) I would think twice before switching. I mean it is not like you may get caught or not: you know for sure that you will meet an IIO sometime in the close future.

On the other side \'hyyang\' made the jump even before knowing of the AC21 law and things turned to be for the best.

Well, sometimes we have to choose between difficult alternatives. Pick something that you will be comfortable with. If your decision will keep you awake for the next 6 months, the INS bureaucracy wins again: it will robe you of that part of your life.

Good luck!