I485 interview on 12/3/07

eye140485

Registered Users (C)
I received a letter from USCIS to appear for an interview on 12/03/07. The letter asks to bring all the supporting documentation.

Any advise on on Do's and Don'ts? Do I need to take my attorney with me? The law office that's handling my case is in Atlanta, GA and my interview is in San Francisco, CA (I live here now). Can I take a different attorney to represent me on the day of the interview?

Thanks.

I received a letter from USCIS to appear for an interview on 12/03/07. The letter asks to bring all the supporting documentation.

Any advise on on Do's and Don'ts? Do I need to take my attorney with me? The law office that's handling my case is in Atlanta, GA and my interview is in San Francisco, CA (I live here now). Can I take a different attorney to represent me on the day of the interview?

Thanks.
1- Get prepare your originals and copies of tax, w2, birth certificates etc.
2- Is your case complicated then think about taking attorney with you, if it is straight forward and you can explain and provide documents/evidences those required then nothing to worry about just appear alone.
3- Do not forget to take all your documents (Original) with you.
Goddluck.

2- Is your case complicated then think about taking attorney with you, if it is straight forward and you can explain and provide documents/evidences those required then nothing to worry about just appear alone.
Goddluck.

Thanks Assur, my case is straight forward except for using AC21 clause. I guess I'll go by myself. I'll post my experience here.

eye140485, can you tell me what was your earlier RFE in 2005 on I485 for? was it for medicals / legal status / EVL?

Goddluck.
I invoked AC21 too, and interviewer asked for EVL/W2/Taxes.

eye140485, can you tell me what was your earlier RFE in 2005 on I485 for? was it for medicals / legal status / EVL?

I don't remember getting an RFE in 2005. Where did you get the reference from? It sounds silly but am a bit concerned that I'm rusty on my own case details.

I invoked AC21 too, and interviewer asked for EVL/W2/Taxes.

EVL (Employment Verification Letter) that the interviewer asked for - is it from the new employer? If so, should the new job description be an exact match with the old one? My job description is similar except for some additions to the job responsibilities.

EVL (Employment Verification Letter) that the interviewer asked for - is it from the new employer? If so, should the new job description be an exact match with the old one? My job description is similar except for some additions to the job responsibilities.
Yes - New employer 's EVL.
ETA-750A (Para-12) job description and some additional skills that I added. I have different designation than mentioned in RIR, so I used word "Equivalent" for this. More salary factor did not make any problem.

Yes - New employer 's EVL.
ETA-750A (Para-12) job description and some additional skills that I added. I have different designation than mentioned in RIR, so I used word "Equivalent" for this. More salary factor did not make any problem.

Thanks a lot Assur. Just wondering if there is a standard (read "safe") template to follow for the EVL?

I used this: Sample

Thanks a lot Assur. Just wondering if there is a standard (read "safe") template to follow for the EVL?
EMPLOYEMENT VERIFICATION LETTER FORMAT

[ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD]

Director
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
Name of service center
Address

Re: Employment Verification for [EMPLOYEE NAME & A#]

Dear Sir/Madam:

This letter is to verify that [COMPANY NAME] has employed [EMPLOYEE NAME] on [DATE] as a [TITLE]. He has been drawing a base annual salary $xxx,xxx. (About xx% more than mentioned in LC)

The duties of the [TITLE] position at [COMPANY NAME] are consistent with those described in the Application for Alien Employment Certificate filed by [OLD EMPLOYER] and, subsequently approved by the Department of Labor on [DATE]. They include [JOB DUTIES – AS MENTIONED IN ALC].

Although, his employment is at will, this is a regular Full-Time position. We expect to continue to utilize his skills in this position after approval of his form I-485 (Adjustment of status).

If any additional information is required, please contact me at [TELE-NO].

Very truly yours,

[NAME]
HR DEPARTMENT
[COMPANY]

Thanks Assur...I have all my documentation ready now. Hopefully everything goes well. Thanks again for the prompt responses.

my interview is on 6th Dec.

mine is on 6th. But I have a slightly comlicated case. I was laid off a week after I filed I485 and I-140 was pending for 9 months. I140 has been approved long time back in 2004 and my ex-employer did not withdraw it. my wife also got her interview date a month after mine. Lets see what happens.:confused:
worst case: might have to pack up and leave (yayyyy)

Interview report

Hi all,

I had my I485 interview today. This is how it went:

Case details: I'm secondary and my wife is the primary applicant. EB3 India. PD - 06/2003. 485 RD - 08/26/2004.

Interview:
The reason for the interview is because my wife FP's were not readable (she did it twice without luck). Since FP's are a requirement to get FBI clearance, the officer asked my wife to get "Police Clearance Certificates" from all the cities she lived in (in the US) till date.

Another thing missing was my "Birth Certificate". I submitted my "Birth Affidavit" with my 485 application but apparently that is not sufficient for people born after 01/01/1970 in India. My options are either (i) to get a Birth Certificate, Or, (ii) to support my "Birth Affidavit" with a government issued document that verifies that there is "no record of my birth in the system".

We have 87 days to submit the above documentation.

Apart from the above two everything else was intact. The officer proactively took our Finger Prints and Signatures that are used to print the card (so that they can approve our application as soon as we provide the required documentation).

Soft aspects: The officer was a lady who was very patient and thorough in her work. She took time to go through all the rules (for my sake) to see if she can waive the need for my birth certificate. She did not rush at all and gave satisfactory answers to all the questions we asked.

The interview was held in San Francisco, CA.

Well...that's it.

Thanks a lot for your support during my preparation for the interview.

Hi all,

I had my I485 interview today. This is how it went:

Case details: I'm secondary and my wife is the primary applicant. EB3 India. PD - 06/2003. 485 RD - 08/26/2004.

Interview:
The reason for the interview is because my wife FP's were not readable (she did it twice without luck). Since FP's are a requirement to get FBI clearance, the officer asked my wife to get "Police Clearance Certificates" from all the cities she lived in (in the US) till date.

Another thing missing was my "Birth Certificate". I submitted my "Birth Affidavit" with my 485 application but apparently that is not sufficient for people born after 01/01/1970 in India. My options are either (i) to get a Birth Certificate, Or, (ii) to support my "Birth Affidavit" with a government issued document that verifies that there is "no record of my birth in the system".

We have 87 days to submit the above documentation.

Apart from the above two everything else was intact. The officer proactively took our Finger Prints and Signatures that are used to print the card (so that they can approve our application as soon as we provide the required documentation).

Soft aspects: The officer was a lady who was very patient and thorough in her work. She took time to go through all the rules (for my sake) to see if she can waive the need for my birth certificate. She did not rush at all and gave satisfactory answers to all the questions we asked.

The interview was held in San Francisco, CA.

Well...that's it.

Thanks a lot for your support during my preparation for the interview.

I forgot to mention that the officer asked for EVL from current employer (for my wife) and W2/Tax returns for 2006. We took the originals with us but the officer was kind enough to make copies and give the originals back to us (The interview letter says that we need to make copies prior to the interview as they may hold on to the originals).

Even my spouse had interview on the same day. Immigration officer was a lady. she just asked us the latest W2's, daughter's brith certificate (original and copy...She took copy and returned originals) and some questions, like when did you guys get married, daughter's DOB and mine. She asked us to submit TB test, as the earlier one had only XRay info. She said visa# is not available as our PD is not current. She said everything is fine, other than the TB test and visa#.

PD Jan 2002 (EB3 India)
I485 RD Dec 2004
Primary I485 AD Jun 2007
Derivative I485 interview on 12/3/07 at Atlanta
Derivative I485 AD???

AOS interview for wife

My wife just had her interview today in San Jose, CA. The reason for the interview was that her fingerprints were rejected for the second time. We have been asked to get police clearance certificates from places where we lived the last 5 years (both US and India) and submit them within 30 days.

I'm not sure how to proceed to get the clearance from India. The Indian consulate in SF website has 30-35day processing for passports not issued by the SF consulate.

Can anyone who went through the same process please share their experience ? If I asked a relative in India to get this for me, would it be enough to send copy of passport or would they insist on seeing the original passport ?