I485 got approved but fired by company

help7777

Registered Users (C)
I485 approved but got fired in one month by the company. Haven\'t stamped due to the late arrival of approval notice. What should I do?

Thanks, I heard that INS will call the employer to check if the employment status, does that affect

yeah, they will call...

You should wait for until you get a job before you go for stamping.. they will squenze you and ask if you have a job.. if not, they will revoke the approval notice and you will be deported right away..

dump ass, what are you waiting for? go to the INS and get your passport stamped..

Thank you, JoeF. If I find another job and the comapny asks for GC, can I show them approval notice?

Go and Get it stamped...

Hi,

Since you have the approval and not an interview, I would suggest you to go and get it stamped.

no the approval notice won\'t help.. because that is not the GC..

You will probably have a high chance the your approval will be revoked if you are still waiting... god damnit.. go and stamp your passport...

get stamped ASAP

I would say go to the local INS office and get your passport stamped
as soon as possible. Based on my experience, no questions about your
current employment will be asked. As soon as the passport is stamped,
you can use it as your temporary GC in case your new employer asks
evidence of the eligibility to work. Also, you may use it to apply
for the unemployment benefits.

Good luck!

Thank you, all. If they don\'t investigate before I get the plastic, does that mean no more investig

Does INS have the right to investigate any PR even after they get plastic card? What does a typical investigation look like?

Go and get stamped immediately

Ur case has been approved. U donot have an interview. So go and get stamped. Also note that u have not done anything wrong.
U have been layed off due to current market conditions. If that is the case, both ur and ur employer\'s intent is not questionable.
So i donot see any problem. Once u get the gc and once market conditions improve, u and ur employer still intend to hire u for the job.
Anyway get stamped first and then ask questions ....

he should not produce any documents which show that he got laid off

I don\'t think he should produce any documents which show that he got laid off.His PR status might be revoked due to that.If employment with the sponsoring company is over due to any reason, the INS has all the right to revoke the PR for employment based GCs.It does not matter whether he got laid off or he left the company, if the employment with the sponsoring company does not exist and INS omes to know that before his passport stamping, then he is really at the mercy of the IIO officer and his interpretation of the validity of the PR.

Not at stamping, but could start the process of revocation.

Yes, the INS officer could start an investigation and it could become messy.So no need to volunteer info about layoff.

No Title

First of all they do not ask for employment letter or any information pertaining to your employment at stamping. Second, I always thought you become a PR from your moment your I-485 got approved, not when your passport got stamped - that\'s the date on my plastic card. So stamp or no stamp he is already a PR.

Joef can u help me

I would like to know if INS can find out that you have working on a ssn with a employment permit thta expired. What can they do to a 485 applicant?

how can they find out if you have been working?

Just go and get stamped. Unless u have interview, they will not ask additional questions. Good luck