I485 - fingerprint fee billing notice

Tathagat

Hi,

Last year I checked my AOS status at "https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Portfolio/CaseStatusSearch.do". Status was shown "Acceptance" but there was a message which says that they have not received the payment. Please see the message below.

========
On August 14, 2007, a fingerprint fee billing notice for this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was mailed to you stating the reasons for the billing and the instructions to follow to submit the necessary payment. Therefore, processing of your case is suspended until we receive the necessary payment along with the billing notice we mailed to you. If you have not received this notice within 30 days of the August 14, 2007, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

During the acceptance step USCIS reviews newly received applications and petitions to ensure that they are properly filed (e.g. signed by the applicant, appropriate fees etc.) USCIS issues a receipt number for the application or petition, and sends a receipt notice to the applicant.
===========

I know for sure that the payment was sent and infect I went through finger prints also without any issue. I have also contacted my attorney about this and as per her this is not an issue at all, this is a system error and it takes months to correct. Now after 4-5 months I do not see any change. I am worried if this can cause any delay or problem. My priority date is Mar/2007 so for me still there is time.

Please let me know what do you think? Also if anyone else has the same issue. Your time and feedback is highly appreciated!!

Tathagat

Your lawyer may be correct that this is a system error, but I doubt she would guarantee you anything. Did she actually contact USCIS to seek explanation? If not, you might as well make an infopass appointment, bring your FP notice and a printout of the status page, and ask the IO what is going on. Confirm with them that your case is not being suspended - you know, just in case. Calling CS may help too, but not as effective as infopass.