RFE For birth certificate for self and wife Aug 12th 2001
Affidavits sent: Sep 14, 2001.
NSC Recd RFE replies: Sep 27, 2001.
Approved for both Oct 27, 2001.
AVM updated on oct 28, 2001.
Recd Courtesy copies Oct 29, 2001.

Please contact for any questions.

thanks,

Why would any get RFE on birth certificate??

Can any tell me on what basis will the INS send RFE for birth certificate. Is that because of the format? Do we always get RFE on birth certificate?

I probably have an idea

My wife did not have her name on the birth certificate. As in India name is decided after the child is born.

As for my case I got it issued in 1997 hence INS probably wants to re confirm that it is the right birthdate as the certificate was issued years after the person was born.

I hope it helps.

Many reasons possible, one of which is-

My wife\'s BC is in her native language and the english translation didn\'t have her mother\'s name on it and so the RFE.
Hope this helps.

Reply to bharat2000 -

I just got the affidavits made from my parents and hers. Hers were made in India and my parents were visiting us in US hence we got them made here in US.
thanks,

need help on Birth certificate RFE

I also got RFE for birth certificate as i got it made in 1997...RFE letter states that i need to provide oldest avaibale document proving my birth and parentage.
   It states that this may include but not limited to:
a. hospital records which name child and both parents
b. Medical records which name child and both parents
c. School records which name child and both parents
d. Census records which name child and both parents
   the next paragraph says submit two affidavits from relatives proving your birth/parentage

did you get something like this in your RFE....I do have 10 and 12th class marksheet but they only say my name, birth date and father\'s name but not my mother\'s name...should i just send two affidavits along with 10th/12th marksheet and copy of my passport ......or will INs reject it due to no old eveidence papers showing both my fathers and mothers name in one....

please help

need help on Birth certificate RFE

I also got RFE for birth certificate as i got it made in 1997...RFE letter states that i need to provide oldest avaibale document proving my birth and parentage.
   It states that this may include but not limited to:
a. hospital records which name child and both parents
b. Medical records which name child and both parents
c. School records which name child and both parents
d. Census records which name child and both parents
   the next paragraph says submit two affidavits from relatives proving your birth/parentage

did you get something like this in your RFE....I do have 10 and 12th class marksheet but they only say my name, birth date and father\'s name but not my mother\'s name...should i just send two affidavits along with 10th/12th marksheet and copy of my passport ......or will INs reject it due to no old eveidence papers showing both my fathers and mothers name in one....

please help