I485 filing and pending marriage

kumarmv

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

I am currently on H1 (valid till Dec,2004 when my 6 years end) and recently got my I140 approval and I am yet to file my AOS.

I am getting married early next year and I have some concerns relating to this :

1. Should I file my AOS now or wait till I get married, so that my spouse can file with me ?

2. If I file now, can I still bring my wife here on H4 and then add her to my AOS ? I understand I have to maintain H1 status as well as my AOS shouldn't be approved.

3. What is involved in adding your spouse to your pending AOS application later ?

Thanks in advance
kumar

I am currently on H1 (valid till Dec, 2004 when my 6 years end) and recently got my I140 approval and I am yet to file my AOS.

I am getting married early next year and I have some concerns relating to this :

1. Should I file my AOS now or wait till I get married, so that my spouse can file with me?
--- You can file now and when your wife reaches on H4 visa file her I-485 with your I-485 receipt
2. If I file now, can I still bring my wife here on H4 and then add her to my AOS ?

I understand I have to maintain H1 status as well as my AOS shouldn't be approved.
--- You are correct you should be on H1 and wife will enter on H4 once she reaches US file her I-485, don’t worry about your I-485 to be approved early huge backlog of I-485 in all service centers they are not moving
3. What is involved in adding your spouse to your pending AOS application later ?
-- She has to do medical in US, photographs, BCIS fees, birth certificate, PP pages , copy of I-94 and your I-485 filing receipt

Thank'd s lot for clarifying this for me. I will ask my attorney to go ahead with my AOS.

Rgds,
Kumar