I485 - Document Mailed to Address - Urgent Question

sensahuma07

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

I have received the following e-mails from USCIS today:

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On May xx, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

What does this mean? Does it mean that my I-485 has been APPROVED and that my GC is in the mail ?

I have a slight problem....I am in India for the last 8 months. I have a valid AP (Valid until Feb 08). Will I need to get the GC stamped (in case this is an Approval Notice). If yes then can I wait until I make my next trip to the US in a few months?

Pls Advice. Need urgent Help. Majorly to decode the message ' Document Mailed'. I have also noticed that all the 'Status Dates' on my EAD, AP, I-140 (including I-485) have been changed to the May xx, 2007 date.

Someone pls help.

Thanks a lot.

PS: Can I get the GC stamped in INDIA ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually, it's a USCIS notice which gets returned to them.....then USCIS produces this message and forwards the mail to correct address based on AR11 database. Yep, when this happens...they update the address on all the petitions (EAD/AP etc) and they all get an LUD (update date)

It could be FP Notice or Address change or RFE or some other USCIS notice.

Check up with your lawyer - if it's a FP notice...he gets another copy...and beware USCIS is only giving 7-10 day notice for Fingerprint appointment....If you can't make it...you may want to reschedule...by Fedexing the reschedule request on the appointment letter..

If it's 485 approval...U would have usually received emails like 'Card Production ordered' - '485 approved' etc...If you haven't received these emails....I would say - it does not stand for 485 approval... or these failure to make these FP appointments, will just get your 485 denied...
I am betting - it's a FP notice....

If you plan to stay in India...these FP notices can pretty much kill your pending 485....485 could get denied if you cannot make it to your FP apppointment....If you are in USA, at least you can reschedule it...

But, if you are planning to stay in India - consider switching your 485 to Consular Processing...

What your Receipt Dates/Priorty Dates?
When was your last FP - has it been more than 15 months (expiry period)?

Thanks Banta.

You were right.....the document is for 'Fingerprinting'. My lawyer called up USCIS and confirmed that they have scheduled my FP date. My lawyer has asked for redsceduling the FP date. Lets see what happens.

I do not have much knowledge about priority dates etc...but I know that I am EB 3 category and that I got my I-140 approved way back in February 2005.

Will keep you posted. Thanks for the help.

just wondering, r u ready to give up ur GC process as you are out of US for so long and urs is not a Consular processing.

Thanks Banta.

You were right.....the document is for 'Fingerprinting'. My lawyer called up USCIS and confirmed that they have scheduled my FP date. My lawyer has asked for redsceduling the FP date. Lets see what happens.

I do not have much knowledge about priority dates etc...but I know that I am EB 3 category and that I got my I-140 approved way back in February 2005.

Will keep you posted. Thanks for the help.