I485 Denied, What can I Do? :(

Shimahito

My lawyer has received a letter from the immigration service
(Mesquite, Texas), that myI485 application has been denied on grounds
of 'failure to appear for finger printing'. The problem is that neither
the lawyer, nor I have recieved the finger printing notice
in the first place. We phoned the immigration service and they dont
know anything about it. The online update has not changed in the past five months.
Could you please let me know of the best course of action? I have
arranged a meeting with the immigration service via the infopass. Could this
be a mistake? Is the decision final? :eek: :( :(

One of my friends had this issue - his wife's I485 got rejected due to failed fingerprint as she was overseas...But after re-opening, eventually it got approved...I think one can easily re-open the case...

I wouldn't worry but you may need to followup with lawyer on how to re-open etc...

NO this action is not final. Immediately contact your lawyer and file for MOTR(Motion to REOPEN) you have only 33 days to file this from date of denial.

You need to inlcude in MOTR facts about finger printing that u never recieved it and such..Did you or lawyer never get any notice about this? did you move recently?

DO NOT delay file MOTR immediately.

No change of address. I have been checking case status online EVERYDAY. the lawyer claims he has not received the finger print notice either. When I phoned the immigration service, they did not know about it either!

Had same case

I had similar issue, check with lawyer if they sent a denied notice or a Notice of Intent to Deny.
I receved Notice of Intent to deny we responded and my case is back in processing queue.

Shimahito said:
Is there a standard application form for this 'motion to re-open'?
yes the form should come in the same envelope the denial notice came in. I think it is I-336