I485 denied due to no visa numbers being available, filed form based on winning DV 2010 lottery

onadime

Registered Users (C)
Now what?havent recieved anything else from them, I lived in the US for 6 years on student visa but just graduated from school,what are the options available?Asylum maybe?Or should I just leave...even though I would really like to stay

Leave before building up 180 days unlawful presence so that you can qualify to apply for a visa from abroad. With an education perhaps you can get an H1-B?

Leave before building up 180 days unlawful presence so that you can qualify to apply for a visa from abroad. With an education perhaps you can get an H1-B?

With the economy as it is?I cant even find a job now...and plus chances are I will almost certainly overstay the 180 days, I'm really going to try and hold out until the last day possible.But if thats the way it is, then so be it. all I'm saying is, if I leave I'm not going to harbor any hopes of coming back. I just want to be sure that I have exhausted all my options.

With the economy as it is?I cant even find a job now...and plus chances are I will almost certainly overstay the 180 days, I'm really going to try and hold out until the last day possible.But if thats the way it is, then so be it. all I'm saying is, if I leave I'm not going to harbor any hopes of coming back. I just want to be sure that I have exhausted all my options.

You were here as a student for 6 years, you may well be still under 30 years old. You do not know what lies ahead. Don't cut off options. Do not overstay needlessly as that WILL block you for 3 or 10 years (I'm sure you know how that works). The economy took a nosedive very quickly, it could climb back at anytime, with little or no advance sign.

my younger brother dv 2011 winners from bangladesh . very recent he is going to face interview ? what kind of papers he will submit in the embassy ? is he need to submit any sponsors papers ? if he need to submit sponsor papers what is the form numbers is it i-864 or i-134 . thank you

to sawpan, I do not know what documents your brother will need as I am already in the US. I think the process is different if you are doing it outside.but good luck.

Bigjoe,I am well aware of the bar but having dealt with the consulate on various occasions I can tell you with reasonable certainty that once you leave, especially in my circumstances, its almost certain I will be permanently barred from coming back, because my visa options will be severely limited.but yes I am 22, so instead of staying in a country I cant legally stay in, I may have to seek my fortune somewhere else. Thanks for your advice