I485 Delay Due to Address Change

shanmanz

Registered Users (C)
I think address change has something to do with delaying of I-485 processing. I have friends who have same RD as mine and have been approved. Also many of my friends are saying that I should not have moved in first place while waiting for GC which is crazy since i just moved next door to a different bldg

Any one here with same experience

I do not believe address change is affecting your process. During 485 process, I have changed 3 times that to different states. All the times VCS never had the right address even after filing AR-11. They used to come to know from post office and send the documents ( like FP notice, approval notice etc.) to correct address.

I hope this helps.

I had same feeling. I moved from east coast to west coast. I applied 485 in Feb 2004 and as per VSC site upto 29 Jan 2004 but I did not get FP yet.

AR-11 has nothing to do with address change in your pending petitions with USCIS. You have got to call the Service center # to change address on the petitions. AR-11 is a law for any immigrant (even permanent residents, anyone who is not a US Citizen) and it will not change your address on any petitions.

1204gc said:
I do not believe address change is affecting your process. During 485 process, I have changed 3 times that to different states. All the times VCS never had the right address even after filing AR-11. They used to come to know from post office and send the documents ( like FP notice, approval notice etc.) to correct address.

I hope this helps.

GC4Ever said:
AR-11 has nothing to do with address change in your pending petitions with USCIS. You have got to call the Service center # to change address on the petitions. AR-11 is a law for any immigrant (even permanent residents, anyone who is not a US Citizen) and it will not change your address on any petitions.
In my case either Ar-11 or calling USCIS did not help. In fact, I even have confirmation letter from VSC about the address change still the documents went to old address and re-routed based on post office information to the center.

The point I am making is address change may not affect GC process.

Same here ... after address change, AR-11 and more than 3 phone calls to change the address the USCIS correspondance still goes to the old address :mad: Even if I rerouted the mail th USPS doesn't forward the USCIS letters, they just return them :mad: :mad: :mad:

1204gc said:
In my case either Ar-11 or calling USCIS did not help. In fact, I even have confirmation letter from VSC about the address change still the documents went to old address and re-routed based on post office information to the center.

The point I am making is address change may not affect GC process.

I filled the AR-11 as well as called them. Got an confirmation number saying that address has been changed.

My online sstaus says

On December 18, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283

If I trak it via phone it says dute to technical difficulties cannot find this case status.

meanwhile my friends with PDs later than mine have been approved.

So was thinking this must be due address change

Shanmaz,

I hate to say this...but is your fbi name check cleared...I thought I was cleared as per online USCIS reps... by name check was not cleared till last week..took 17 months

shanmanz said:
I filled the AR-11 as well as called them. Got an confirmation number saying that address has been changed.

My online sstaus says

On December 18, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283

If I trak it via phone it says dute to technical difficulties cannot find this case status.

meanwhile my friends with PDs later than mine have been approved.

So was thinking this must be due address change

shanmanz said:
I think address change has something to do with delaying of I-485 processing. I have friends who have same RD as mine and have been approved. Also many of my friends are saying that I should not have moved in first place while waiting for GC which is crazy since i just moved next door to a different bldg

Any one here with same experience

What I believe is change of address may speed up case. They will open the file from the pile at least to change your address.
My case was approved 10 days after giving change address. I was giving the change of address for the second time (for the same address) two months before the expiry of my FP.

I would like to know what is the besy way to have the address changed. In my case, called 800- number requesting for address change. But they said if your lawyer has filed your case, the lawyer should call us for address change request. Did this happen to any one like this? Appreciate your sugesstions.

thanks,
arj