I485 case transferred to Newark NJ

rk2004

Registered Users (C)
My transfer email does not state, that i'll be called for an interview, nor does it state that its transferred to speed up processing, it says that the local office will notify me in writing when decision is made.
Has anyone else received a similar email? if yes, can you please let me know the status and whether there was an interview scheduled?

The email is as follows:

On December 30, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register
Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in NEWARK, NJ for
processing. Our office in NEWARK, NJ will send you a written decision
as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing
you that your case has been transferred to a local office.

(between my RD: Jan 28 2003, NSC)

Hi bhoonbhu,
If you don't mind, What is your I485 RD? and was it initially filled at NSC?

Thanks. Please let me know as soon as you get some information related to this.
I will keep you posted on this thread, as soon as I get anything.

rk2004 said:
Thanks. Please let me know as soon as you get some information related to this.
I will keep you posted on this thread, as soon as I get anything.

Hi rk2004 can we post this query elsewhere in the forum....maybe we'll get some more info (I just don't know where else to post this)

I saw your thread (similar posting) at one other place on this forum - don't remember where. I also saw a similar message posted by someone in September 2004. I had replied to that thread, but did not get any response. I am trying to find out as much as I can.
My lawyer says that there may or may not be an interview. As per the lawyer, in 3 to 4 weeks I should get a letter from the local office if there should be any interview.
I will keep you posted with whatever Info I get.

485 case from NSC transfered to Newark, NJ

My receipt date is Jan 2004. After receiving to an RFE (Employment verification in April 2005), they transfered to Newark, NJ.

Following is the text of the case updated:
On May 3, 2005, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in NEWARK, NJ for processing. Our office in NEWARK, NJ will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Any one got similar experience, please update what they are doing about it now?

I did not change the address. But when there was an RFE rised and i have not received from my old attorney, i had called INS and asked them for RFE to be sent to my address. Probably this would have caused my case transferred to local office? I am too concerned about what happens next.