I485 case transferred to Cincinnati/Columbus (OH) local office

balabon1

Registered Users (C)
Just for your tracking, guys....
Because this forum was VERY useful for me always.

My employment based I-485 case:

I-140 + I-765 + I-485 for whole family (4 members) received/notice dates September 8/10, 2003 from Nebraska service center.
First and second EAD's and AP's - different dates.
Fingerprints for whole family June 25, 2004.
Transfer notice (to CINCINNATI local office - per notice) February 3, 2005.
Invitation for the interview in COLUMBUS local office received on April 11, 2005.
Interview for the whole family - passed today.
Passports immediately were stamped as processed for I-551 for one year.

Officer was very polite.
Interview was done for all of us together.
Each was asked about ID (driver license) and passport with last I-94.
Only name/address questions for each, questionnaire from the part 3 of I-485 form for each (no, no, no, no, no, no, no.... :) ).
Asked finaly only about following documents - my employment letter (original) and joint tax returns (federal only, copies) for last three years.

If you have any questions - welcome, a wiil check forum for some days.

Congratulations

Hearty congratulations.

My case is similar to yours. It was transferred from VSC to Cincinnati and then to Columbus and I am waiting for the interview letter.

- Did the interview letter mention any additional documents to bring in?
- Have they seen/asked any other documents like medicals etc?

rvssnraju said:
- Did the interview letter mention any additional documents to bring in?
- Have they seen/asked any other documents like medicals etc?

Yes, a lot of documents was mentioned in letter. (It is a standard letter for the family based green card not for employment based). And I brought all of them with me/us just in case.
A lot of originals and copies mentioned in invitation for each of us , like employment letter, birth certificate, marriage certificate, bank statements, W-2's, all previous EAD's and AP's, etc. were with each member of my family.
I saw, that the officer checked all birth certificates and the marriage certificate in a pack of the documents enclosed with our primary applications (2003 year), but he did not ask us.
My lawer said me before this visit that we do not need any medical because it was sent with I-485 application and I was not asked about it during visit.

Good luck!

copy from the invitation letter (bolded in letter not me):
"Bring with you - Passport, I-94, Medical Exam I-693, Affidavit of support I-864, As well as originals and copy for you file of the following: Letters of employment, Tax returns, Bank statements, Original Birth and Marriage Certificate, and if applicable Divorce Decrees. Certified Police Clearances, if required by classification, Disposition of arrests. If marriage case, bring your spouse, proof of common residence and shared life, Joint Insurance Polices, Joint Mortgages, Joint Credit Cards, and Joint Photos, Joint Checking Account, Joint Lease."

Last edited by a moderator: