I485 Case transfer to local Detroit office

GCDetroit

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

My case has been transfered to Detroit local office, have got the interv date for Sep. My marriage is 6 months old, and I have been asked to prove the marriage along with employment.

It will be very kind if anyone could share their experiences of Detroit local office AOS interviews.

EB3/ PD march 02/ RD Apr 04

Someone please reply. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485 file transferred to Detroit office

Hi GCDetroit,

I read you post, and I am also waiting for the interview date from Detroit office. Can you please post when your file got transferred to detroit office. My file was transferred in June'05, I am waiting for further correspondence from them. I will also enquire to my friends who finished the interview before and let you know about their experiences with that particular officer.
THANKS
Ajk7.

Hello AJK7
My case was transferred late June and got the interv letter after 45-50 days.
Any info regd the interview is appreciated.

Thanks and good luck

Detroit AOS Interview completed!

Hi guys...my interv got over 2 hrs back and I am back at work! See its that simple!! :) Folks if any of you are getting paranoid about a 485 interview ....RELAX n CHILL if you have all the documents in place. All they are looking for is that you can show originals of whatever you have claimed in your GC/AOS application. Its not the typical interview we are used to.

...got to the INS office around 15 mins before the scheduled time and dropped the letter in the box. The officer (nice, polite, jovial but stern) announced our name in the lobby 10 mins later and then asked us to follow him to his desk. Once at his desk he introduced himself and said he would be conducting the interv for us. Before sitting he asked us to take an oath. He looked at me and said "You
are aware that EB3 does not have visa numbers", for which I nodded and said "Yes". Moving on he asked to show Passports, I-94s, DOBs and Proof of marriage. He critically went through the passports (each name, parents names, addresses etc) and DOBs. He asked for copies of both our X certificate copies and gave back dob affidavit copies. Later, he went through all the bunch of marriage proofs. He was very impressed by the organisation of things and said, "very few people come so organised. It makes life simpler and gets the 15 min job done in 15 mins instead of 45 mins!" Then he wanted a copy of all the marriage proofs which I promptly handed over.
He looked at me and asked which firm are you working for and asked for the current EVL and kept it. Then he opened the 485 application and quized us on our present address and full names and DOBs. Then the usual 485 questions that have the obvious "NO" answer. Showed us our signatures on the file and took a verbal confirmation that they were ours.
He spoke about the good Indian IT education system that was producing so
many Programmer Analysts and System analysts etc. At this point, he asked if I went to school in US. I said "No Sir, all my education was from India". He asked to show my educational certificates while trying to find the same in my GC file in front of him. Then asked few questions about how big the institute was, how many students graduate each year. He did some quick paper work and got up and said, "I got all things I needed". He took my index fingerprint and signature on 2 sides
of Form 551 and the same for my wife. While doing this he was talking about his wife calling some help desk and call being directed to India.

He went back to his seat, quickly glanced through the file and asked if I had the new ADIT phots (my earlier fotos were per the old style). He mentioned that he will not take our
I-94s and that we should surrender them when we come to get the passports stamped. He said we will have to wait till visa numbers become current and once visa numbers are available we can take INFOPASS or wait to get the actual green cards from Nebraska office.. he continued that he will be sending the files to Nebraska office for further processing.

He also mentioned that my file was in the "OLD" system and so no BIOMETRICS was done for us.
While arranging some papers on the desk he stood up, thanked and said "it was nice meeting you", we responded with similar notes, thanked him and walked out with our bags. Chkd the time...it lasted 40 mins. we thought overall it went smooth.

Hope I got everything here and it helps whoever is getting jitters about the 485 interv. Easier said than done, but honestly - its an interesting experience and nothing to worry if all documents are collected and arranged in the order they were asked for.

I will post again when there is any update from my side...until then, Good Luck to you all!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No decision made at the interview

Hi Guys,

My interview for AOS was over on sep19th'05 at the detroit office. In the end the officer said that she has to go through the file once again and will let us know if she needs any further documents or if any decision has been made. Now I am wondering still how long will they take to go through my file and do the follow up. Anybody had any experience in that? Kindly share your info please.

THANKS
AJK7