I485 Bcis Online Status Message

phoenixsaint

Registered Users (C)
I'd done my first FP Sept. 2002. When I check my BCIS online
status this is what I get:

==============================================
Receipt Number: wac0206459XXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on January 4, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Shouldn't I see "case resumed" or "FP received.." or something like that? I'm not even sure whether BCIS got my FP and my file is not sitting somewhere lingering.....

Any comments would be appreciated.

:confused:

Originally posted by phoenixsaint

Receipt Number: wac0206459XXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on January 4, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Shouldn't I see "case resumed" or "FP received.." or something like that? I'm not even sure whether BCIS got my FP and my file is not sitting somewhere lingering.....

Nothing "resumes"....even if they write resume...........words are cheap for BCIs.....:mad:

After FP message should be

Current Status:

On MONTH DAY, YEAR, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

my case status online is "Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on November 17, 2001. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

whereas automated phone says "status not available" ANY IDEA whats going on......? I called BCIS last week for my case inquiry but nothing has happened yet...

Originally posted by phoenixsaint

... Shouldn't I see "case resumed" or "FP received.." or something like that? I'm not even sure whether BCIS got my FP and my file is not sitting somewhere lingering.....

Donn worry saint. I had same status for 2 years after they received my application. It changed randomly last month for no reason, when they had asked everybody to wait.

Pheonixsaint,

Don't worry about online message. It says one thing to me , some other thing to my wife and something else to my son.

If check using the 1800 number. It says " your finger print was .....blah ..blah for me and for my wife. But for my son it says information cannot be accessed.

After all these systems are maintained and operated by the same bunch of lethargic people belonging to UCIS. ( U - stands for useless)

Till last week the message read we received your application on May 20 and its taking between 160-180 days for us to process but two days back when I checked, it says its taking between 660-660 days. Makes no sense to me too. By the way its been five months since I got receipt notice but havent received any notice regarding my FP. You guys think its normal or a cause to worry.

I didn't get it ....

Which fool works on this USCIS processing days software or the system administration ????

Won't they test the system before and after it is upgraded ?
How come they allow junk to be on the production server even for some time .... ????.... seems no defined procedure in the system upgrade ... Insert the CD ... click upgrade on the production server ... without even testing it before on development or some sick server ..... or on test DB .....

Aaah .... this itself shows how much they care abt us .... 485ers .... they are upgrading the software on the live server with still the DB server running with live data shown to the users ..... how deplorable .... technical novices ... Jack a**ses ...

It is foolish ... and I don't know who works on this upgrade thing .... but believe me ... they are NOT any professionals ... ...

- Jha ....

Last edited by a moderator:
my wife had the same thing- In Dec 2002 she did FP but the message never changed online . Then she got called again in June 2003 to do FP for a second time and this time the message changed to reflect that she had done fingerprints.

The message has not changed since