I485 Approved

Hi All:

I am thrilled that my and my wife\'s I485 has been approved. Details follows:
PD: March 1996 EB2 Regular
I485: RD 04/04/00; ND: 05/08/00 LIN 00-158-XXXXX
FP: 01/23/01 (Chicago suburb)
AD: 05/02/01
Received courtesy copy: 05/05/01
(labor 3.5 years, I140 9 months, I485 13 months)

Glad that the 5+ year wait is over. Hope to get the passport stamped soon

Spoke to IIO four times in the last 5 weeks enquiring about my I485 and EAD renewal status. They were courteous and mentioned that they are processing January 2001 RD cases for I485 and that my EAD renewal should go through soon. Last Friday (04/27) I spoke to a lady in Senator Fitzgerald\'s office. She had me fax the I485 receipt to her. One hour later she called me back and mentioned that it will be a few months before my application will be processed. She was very helpful and wanted me to call her first week of June so that she can call the IIO again. She even explained me how to get the EAD renewed in Chicago. She knows all the details on the green card processing problems/delays. On this Tuesday (05/01) I spoke to a IIO checking the status of my EAD renewal. The IIO mentioned that both my I485 and EAD renewal is with an officer. I checked the automated message on Wednesday (05/02)that my and my wife\'s I485 have been approved. Today I received the courtesy copy.

This site had been terrific. I wish you all good luck. I will update the immitracker website. Hats off to Myladoor.

Suriya

No Title

Hi Suriya,
I am also from chicago and my 485 is also approved couple of days back. I would like to know the procedures and the stamping process in chicago.
Can you help me on this if you have info on this.
Thanks in advance.

No Title

Hi SittingwithI485,
Can you please post your RD and ND and other details.
Thanks a ton!

No Title

Hi Suriya,

Can you please provide us with the name and telephone number of this wonderful lady in the Senator\'s office.

Thanks a lot!

No Title

I just applied for the EAD card. My EAD application was received at NSC on April 18, 2001. Still waiting to get the receipt letter.

PD 6/26/97
Non-RIR
EB3 / Others
I-485 LIN 00 193 xxxxx (Detroit)
I-485 RD: 5/30/00
I-485 ND: 6/22/00
FP received @ NSC: 4/3/01
AD: WAITING!!

How much chances are there that when the IIO takes up my EAD file, he/she would adjudicate my I-485 case like it apparently happen with Suriya\'s case.

Also, when the counting of 440 to 470 days starts?, From RD or ND?

Thanks in advance.