I485 approved, waiting for approval letter in mail

smart_guy007

Registered Users (C)
I received email on 11/11 saying my I-485 application is approved on 11/10. I did not receive the approval letter in mail today either.
11/11 was veterans day and it was govt holiday. SO I am assuming that letter probably did not get mailed out till friday. or probably monday. Maybe I should wait for couple of more days. How long it ususally takes for letter to arrive by mail.

Congratulations!

smart_guy007 said:
I received email on 11/11 saying my I-485 application is approved on 11/10. I did not receive the approval letter in mail today either.
11/11 was veterans day and it was govt holiday. SO I am assuming that letter probably did not get mailed out till friday. or probably monday. Maybe I should wait for couple of more days. How long it ususally takes for letter to arrive by mail.

Congratulations, dude! Could you pleaes post your RD/ND and if you had any RFE or gone through FP2?

Thanks in advance!

Japanese

awaiting approval snail-mail

Have already taking passpost stamping appointment for next week

update.

Folks,
I received my approval letter in snail mail today (11/17). This 6 day wait was more as long as wait for approval to come through. Now the wait for actual card starts. I am going for stamping in dec'04.

If possible, try to go to early for stamping. Because that is when the process of actual card starts...
Mugdha.

thanks

there is no appointment available for this month... and st paul office does not allow stamping without infopass appointment. Thanks for your advice

smart_guy007 said:
Did you notice when the mail was sent out? Thx

timeline

I-485 case approved : 11/10/04
Email rec'ved and case status updated on uscis website : 11/11/04
Approval Notice actually sent thru snail mail : 11/15/04
Snail mail reached at my addr : 11/17/04

smart_guy007 said:
I-485 case approved : 11/10/04
Email rec'ved and case status updated on uscis website : 11/11/04
Approval Notice actually sent thru snail mail : 11/15/04
Snail mail reached at my addr : 11/17/04

Great, congrats dude.
Care to share you 485 RD with us?
Thx in advance

not yet rec'd snail mail @home, lawyer rec'd

Lawyer sent a fax to my office with approval on Nov 18 (Thu), followed by snail-mail (Fedex) on Friday. At home, I have not yet received my copy.

I have stamping appointment next week in Chicago.

Smartguy
has your LUD changed after 11/10/2004?
was it changed on 11/15/2004 to reflect that the snail mail was actually send out?

no LUD after 11/11

no status change has happend after 11/11.
Lawyers also sent in original approval notice. I think I will keep that one and turn in courtesy copy, since u dont get anything back. I have PP stamping appointment for dec 6th. I will post details right after PP stamping.
Best time to look for appointment is in evenings or late night.

stamping done today @ Chicago, 10 W Jackson Blvd.

Went to the Chicago office at 30 minutes before appointment today around 1:00 PM. Overall time spent at BCIS - 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Did not have original approval letter. Only had a photocopy sent by the lawyer.

I did not receive my original copy at all and used the photocopy sent by the lawyer. The lady was very kind and said that it my lawyer's fault that he did not send the original and instead sent the photocopy to me. She said this was the first case she was seeing like this. Talked to her boss, and accepted to stamp us saying it is the lawyer's fault not mine, but mentioned that she would not like to see more such cases.

Another issue with the photos: She accepted them and said that it will delay our actual cards as there is bound to be a request for better photos (ours were really bad, unprofessionally done). But, mentioned, if we had no problem, she did not care. The actual card will take 3-6 months. Ours longer because of the photos.

Overall a very nice, friendly and polite lady (counter 7) , was apologetic that we have to wait so long to get our work done as today was one of the busier days.