I485 Approved. Thanks a bunch to this forum.

iitdelhi

Registered Users (C)
First of all, I would like to thank everybody in this forum, people are nice and respond very quickly.

The message is changed just 15 minutes back for me and my wife that "This case has been approved".

What is the next step in getting the card ? I need to speed this up. I am planning to visit India in January.

Best of luck to all of you.

Thanks

I140, I485 FD- 12/3/03
FP - 04/03
I140 AD - 11/18/04
RFE Ack - 12/17/04
I485 AD - 12/21/04

let me congratulate you first!!

take infopass appointment to get your passport stampped.
try at midnight because few memeber has got error messages or unable to get appointment hurry up...

Is there any number I need to call to get the infopass ? I am in Durham NC. Can I get the infopass even before getting the approval letter ?

Thanks!

Hi iitdelhi,

Congrats on your approval. What was your RFE for and do u remember the officer no .

Cheers

Tanjar

Same here

I am in the same boat as iitdelhi. Need to travel soon but approval notice hasnt arrived yet. Hope email approval printout will suffice. Any ideas about how long it takes for PP stamping office system to update with approvals?
Thanks

first let me congratulate you, and do infopass appointment now and get is asap because if you try today it will give date two weeks from now or some time 10 days. you will get ur approval by them if not you can always cancel all appointments 24hrs before.

if you get approval notice before appointment try going early one day and get appointment from window(some days there wont be any line, the day i went for stamping there is no line and i saw couple of people came by and got tokens)

thanks h12gc.
I already got the appt for early next week. I am just worried about receiving the notice in mail. Given the postal delays in this season, wondering what to do if it doesnt come before my departure date.

i am not a lawyer ( i wish i was), but if i was i wont take any chance i will get stampped and go, the pain we went through it is not worth it, if it is family emergency i may contact attoney asap.

actually i am also fighting with time from min i got my approval planned a trip to India (after 6 years) got stampped, and when i got tickets the agent asked me do u have valid visa in passport i said no but i have 485 stamp he said you better check with german embassy, they said i need transit visa, contacted another travel agent who gets this type of visa for you in 24 hrs got those visa's finally going home.

just my 2 cents