I485 approved. RD 09/05/2001. Can somebody give some input on...

ravi2168

Registered Users (C)
GC approved. RD 09/05/2001. Can somebody give some input on...

Oh wow.... The wait is over. Got to hear the golden words.
"This case had been approved....."

Just checked the AVM and my case got approved, unblievable. They do work at VSC :)
( Onlince case status is also changed, looks like they have got the bug fixed on the web site. )

Here are my details
I485 -- EAC02032xxxxx

RD 09/05/2001
ND 11/07/2001
RFE 12/18/2002 ( 2 months Paystub + 2 yrs Income tax returns)
RFE rcvd 03/10/2003
AD 03/31/2003

You probably wondering why it took so long to respond to 485 RFE. All because of the Home land Security, I was due to renew my EAD on 01/07/2003. When I went to the local INS, to my horror, they said they no longer do EAD renewals and I have to apply to the regional INS. Now as my EAD got expired, I was unable to work. So I thought, okay, it would take 15 - 20 days to get EAD, I will have the job and reply the 485 RFE then.

But unfortunately, I recvd an RFE on EAD renewal. Requesting Birth certificate on 02/24/2003. Even though it being a weird request ( as Birth certificate is not a document to be submitted with EAD renewal application), I responded the RFE ( no choice I guess). When inquired, IIO mentioned, that their Computer has a wrong date of birth and hence the RFE. Well I checked most of my documents and all have correct date of birth. Anyways, I responded to EAD RFE, which I am still waiting adjudication. Meantime I was running out of time for 485 RFE. Finally with letters from all the employers, responded to RFE on 03/04/2003. ( BTW I changed job from Company A to B to C )

I have been off and on, with this forum and it has helped me immensly to a) get information of current happenings with VSC b) Just knowing that I am not alone, gives you some hope.

You all hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I have two questions.
1) Even though I do not have EAD, with my GC approved, can I start working.? If yes, when?
2) What are the next steps. I learnt that I have to stamp the PP. Can I go tommorrow and have it done without a written notice from INS ( I am eager to join back the work force )

Thank you all in the forum for all the contribution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations. For your question, once you have your passport stamped, you can show it to your employer to fill out the I-9 form and start working legally and ....permanently. Good luck and enjoy your FREEDOM. :)

Congratulations!

Congrutulations! For the second question, I think you have to wait for the approval notice before you go to stamp. You should be able to work after you finish stamping.

Thank you very much...

I am guessing that I will not be able to work unless I stamp my PP.... Is that correct?
The approval online will not suffice...

Maybe you can

contact with your employer to find out whether online approval is good enough. One of my friends showed the approval notice to his employer and it was good enough for him to start to work.

Re: GC approved. RD 09/05/2001. Can somebody give some input on...

Tons of Congratulations as I had seen your frustration for EAD in one of the thread.
I think, you can give a copy of the approval (online message showing your Receipt No.) and the copy of the I-485 Receipt Notice (showing the same Receipt No.) to your employer and if the HR says ok, you can join without a problem. May be you can take a advice from your lawyer, if you like.
Anyway enjoy your approval.

I checked with my lawyer and the employer... Till now everything looks on track. So hopefully, I will be back at work if not tomorrow, by coming monday.

Thank you for the information