I485 Approved...Oh..God it\'s over at last...I140 redo application

vsc485observer

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Frustation and waiting is over I felt like I am out of jail and very happy
to be out of this mess.

RD: Feb/99, ND: Mar/99.

PD:July 1997,INDIA,EB3
I485 approval : March 2/2001 as per AVM.

My I140 was approved in EB2 in Jan/1998 but i have got a letter from INS
sometime in November/2000 that my application should have been in EB3.
My company name has been changed so I got an RFE in NOV/2000 asking me to
do I140 redo.I know somecases being denied based on this Eb2 and EB3 problem.My previous lawyer screwedup my Labor certification.
All along I have been very scary being this situation especially after
4 years of waiting.Company name change might have helped me so that I could
do my I140 again in Eb3.

My date became current on March 1st/2001 and I got approval on March2/2001.
Atlast I am lucky getout of thisqueue even though I have had my share of
frustation.

I140 redo ND: Dec/2000
I140 approval:Jan/2001

I wish you all good luck.

I want to thank Rajeev Khanna for his generosity.
I have told some of friends to got thro\' Mr.Khanna since he is helping all the immigrant community.

THANK YOU VERY much Rajeev.

Vsc68

No Title

Congrats VSC68. Sure it should be a great sigh of relief.
My case was first filed in EB3 on 1/1/98 and I have filed for I-485 on 10/99. In Jan 2000 my company name has changed. My lawyer filed for EB2 I-140 in July 2000 and got approval in Jan 2001. I think the company name on the EB2 I-140 is the new name. I am done with FP in Feb 2001. Also my lawyer sent a letter to INS to transer my I-485 processing from EB3 to EB2. If they transfer my case to EB2 then my priority date in EB2 is current. I don\'t know the status after that. Do you see any issue based on your experience that cause some problem in my I-485 processing. Do you think there may be any I-140 RFEs.
I would really appreciate any comments on this.
Thanks in advance

No Title

Thank u guys.

Hello BJSR,I have seen lot of cases getting approvals after they have
changed the status from EB3 to EB2.You should n\'t be having any problem.I guess may be it\'s idea to call IIO and find out whether your case is in Eb2 or EB3, if it is in EB2 then you can atleast have hope that they are working on your case.

Good luck

No Title

Congratulations!!!! It looks like the hold on I-485 processing pending I-140 redo is over, if there ever was such a thing....

Congrats once again....

No Title

Hi Govinda,
It seems we are the only two people with I-140 redo approved, waiting for 485 approval. Wish we also come out of this fast. Did u talk to IIO in the recent past. Let me know.

No Title

I am in the same boat as you folks. EB3 India PD Dec \'96, I485 RD/ND AUG 99/Sep 99. I140 Redo approved on Jan 17th, 2001. Still Waiting

No Title

Hi Jelly Bean
Just trying to find a pattern. Did ur i-140 recipt notice contain the A#. Mine did not have the A# where as most of the redo people wrote that the A# was printed on the I-140 redo notice. Just wondering if there is a missing link somewhere in our applications. My I-140 redo was approved on Jan 17th also.

No Title

Hi tailgate,
I am not 100% sure about this but I think the I140 redo did have the A#. I will have to confirm this. However, I have called more than once and confirmed that the I140 redo was indeed linked with the I485. As far as the time it would take for adjucation, I have received responses ranging from 30-60 days to 6 months.

No Title

Thank u for ur good wishes.
I wish everybody gets their approvals asap,since I know how frustating to know u have to wait when many people are getting approvals.I can only say that after seeing all the I140 redo cases approvals that there is no HOLD on these cases.Approvals are not coming from one officer who does not know about the HOLD rather they seems coming from different officers.

I am sure that Govinda and Jelly Bean good luck.
I know guys you will get ur approval by the end of March.

Good luck again

No Title

Hi Jelly Bean & tailgate, I am very much here, waiting for my approval too. My I-140 (redo) was approved on Dec 21, 2000 and they (officially) linked my I-140 redo with my I-485 on Jan16, 2001. For my benefit, they issued another RFE (employment verification letter and last 3 pay-stubs, again, after the same were requested in September and sent to them in October) on Jan 22, 2001. My lawyer replied within a week and they acknowledged having received the same on Jan 31, 2001. Since then, I have called the IIOs thrice and each time, I was told to wait, it will take 2 weeks, 4 weeks etc. and the last one I talked to was positively rude - when I mentioned that all similar RFEs were getting approved in less than 10 days, he said that "HE DOES NOT CARE what the RFE requested, but it takes between 14 & 60 days to make a decision, as it is mentioned in the RFE". I have not called them for the past 1 week, and I am not sure when to call/what to do.
Since I am fairly sure that unless you can get a hold of a nice IIO who cares and is capable of understanding the issue, talking to an IIO is a waste of time & effort, and only makes one feel even more miserable. Under the circumstances, since I suspect that my file has been mis-placed somewhere, I have applied for Advance Parole, hoping that this will trigger a search for my file and force some action on it....
And like tailgate mentioned, my I-140 redo RECEIPT notice did not contain my I-485 A#, but since the I-140 redo was linked to the I-485 in mid-Jan and the have issued another RFE after that, I am assuming that everything is fine as far as that is concerened..... I would like to know your feelings too on the same....

No Title

Hi Govinda
Thx for the info. I have also called iio a couple of times after my I-140 was approved. Once I was told Name chabge cases are on hold( As I had posted earlier) and the other time I was told to wait for 60 days from the time they recd the RFE response. which is ending sometime in Mid march. I am well past the 540 days limit and as u rightly said, unless we get a decent IIO we cannot know anything from talking to IIO\'s. But the fist time i talked I confrimed that my i-140 was linked to the I-1485 and since my I-140 redo was approved in anout 2 weeks I thought all was OK. But my concern is the missing A#(As in ur case too) in I-140 redo. I was wondering the officers with our file not knowing that our I-140 is approved and putting it aside. That is why I asked Jelly bean about the A#. Any comments

No Title

Hi tailgate, Thanks for the reply. I think you are right, the officer who has our files wrongly thought that there was a hold in processing cases like ours, but never knew that there was no hold, atleast not anymore. So, I don\'t know what to do. Anyway, since I got an RFE even after my I-140 redo was approved, I am assuming that the officer knows about the I-140 redo. Also, the employment verification letter requested (in both my first & second RFEs) have the original employer\'s name & present employer\'s name respectively, so I am assuming that everything is fine on that front. However, my experience has taught me that nothing can be taken for granted with the INS, so it might be a good idea for you to call them up once again and make sure that everything is fine and accounted for....
And like you said, I am also WELL PAST the 540 day limit. I also tried explaining the fact to the last IIO and he plainly told me that "he did not care....". So, I am just waiting....

No Title

Govinda,
The same here too. When I called IIO she said that u will finish 60 days of RFE time around mid march. So u wait till that time. She was not willing to tell anything and kept repeating u have to wait for 2-4weeks more. I am just trying not to think about the 485 sometime. But it keeps coming back to me. Hope we will come out of this limbo soon.

No Title

Well, for my "60 days" to be over, I have to wait till April. And what are the guaruntees at that point? They can still say 2 weeks/4 weeks etc. of simply issue another RFE and ask us to wait for 14 - 60 days after replying. I know of a friend who was issued an RFE (3rd) wasking her to explain why she waitied from early \'97 when she got her I-150 approved to early \'99 when she applied for her I-485. How sensible do you think the officer was to issue such an RFE? The end result was that by the time they opened her reply, her FPs had expired, and they had to schedule her again, a process that took about 7 weeks. Was that just a delay tactic? We will probably never know....