I485 approved for me not spouse last week(now online status shows RFE for both)??

auddaraj

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I am really confused now. I have my approval on Aug 02 online recieved the later on Aug09.
Now online status shows RFE for both me & my wife.

I am really upset & am not sure how to proceed, should I go and get my passport stamped?
Any input is really appreicated.

Update Oct'04
-Spouse case approved

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to be confused

Go and get your passport stamped.

I have seen couple of times that I was issed an RFE and 1 week later RFE date changed and I got my RFE accordingly.

GO quick and get your passport stamped. I hope when they check the status of your case in their machine, they found it approved rather issued RFE.

Man, this is completely screwed up system.....

Thanks honeyhappy & sachin for your valuable input. I will try to get my passport stamped asap.
Has anyone seen a case where its apporved & then RFE is isssued. I tried to do search on the site but couldn't find one

ND Nov15'2002
2EADS & AP's
2FP (around)06/01 -LUD updated that 2FP received for me but not for my spouse don't know why ??)
Changed empolyer in March'04 filled AC-21 & did an address change aswell.

auddaraj -- did you complete your passport stamping

Just wondering, since I had a similar situation. However, in my case I did not receive the approval notice so will have to wait and see what the rfe is about. Thanks

Went to San Jose, CA CIS office this morning @05:30AM & was out around 10:00AM.
The officer asked for my approval letter, EAD's, AP's & couple of photos, gave him all the docs. & was stamped without a problem.
I was worried as my online status shows RFE even now. Waiting to hear from my attorney about my wife's RFE which was mailed on Aug'13.

mj_no_1 I heard if you have the email printout of the approval you could get stamped I would give it a try. In my case I think its a system glitch where my wife RFE triggered my case to RFE status awell.

Thanks again honeyhappy & sachin for your input in my case.

auddaraj said:
Went to San Jose, CA CIS office this morning @05:30AM & was out around 10:00AM.
The officer asked for my approval letter, EAD's, AP's & couple of photos, gave him all the docs. & was stamped without a problem.
I was worried as my online status shows RFE even now. Waiting to hear from my attorney about my wife's RFE which was mailed on Aug'13.

mj_no_1 I heard if you have the email printout of the approval you could get stamped I would give it a try. In my case I think its a system glitch where my wife RFE triggered my case to RFE status awell.

Thanks again honeyhappy & sachin for your input in my case.
Dont worry, one of my friend's wife got a RFE after his GC approval. Most likely, you would be told to schedule an interview. Take marriage pictures, marriage certificate, and anything related for the interview.

USCIS wants to confirm that your wife is actually YOUR WIFE. That's all. So no big deal! My friend's interview was 15 mins; thats all. So most likely nothing to worry.

Thanks rajeevnair32. Hopefully, its a simple RFE like you mentioned.
I will post RFE details once I receive them.

auddaraj -- did ur atty receive spouse rfe

We have so far not received the rfes supposedly mailed on the 13th. From your previous post I gather that your rfes are also sent on the same day. Have you received them yet ??

Thanks

mj_no_1
Not yet. I will trying calling my lawyer again today to find out & will post detials once I receive them. Please let me know when you receive ur's

Auddaraj -- did you receive your wifes rfe?

Hi Auddaraj --

Did you receive your wifes rfe. In our case, I received my rfe (I have posted the details in another thread). However, my wifes rfe which was also mailed on 08/13/04 is still not received by the attorney.

What is your experience ??
Thanks
MJ

mj_no_1:
Yes, my prior lawfirm has the RFE for my wife which they will be sending me soon. RFE is for
1)Completed G325A form
2)continued martial relationship

Eventhough my online status shows RFE after I received my approval, I think its a system error. I have my passport stamped.
I would say in your case wait for couple of days(till the 14 day period) and call 1-800 no.