I485 approved - Can I get the passport stamped in a different service center office?

SHN

I have recently posted my approval in this forum (RD-Jan 2000 - AD Jan 2002). I recently moved from the TSC service area to VSC area. I have the approval notice with me now redirected from my old house address. The approval notice asks me to go to the nearest office Atlanta, where I applied from. My question is should I have to go to Atlanta to get my passport stamped or can I go to my nearest INS regional office to get the stamping. During this stage will this make my file move from TSC to VSC. I would like to avoid any more delays for the issue of plastic card. Any experience or advice?
Thanks.

Thanks folks. What about a different service area TSC to VSC change? Any thoughts?

Thanks folks.

Both of you are in the same service area namely TSC. Since I am planning the passport stamping at a difference service area (i.e. VSC) than my I-485 processing, will that involve tranfer of files from TSC to VSC at this stage. Or they just stamp the passport and send the completed I-89 to the center that processed your I-485?

Any thoughts?

No Title

AARYES - Where did you get your stamping done. Where you able to get it stamped under VSC service area.