I485 approved, but my wife's is still pending...

tigermouse

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
My I485 was approved on 7/16, and have received the approval notice. However, my wife's case is still pending. We filed together, and she's my dependent. Is this normal? We got our EAD, AP, FP together. Anybody have the similar experience? What shall I do for this case?
Any info is appreciated!

Very normal....just be patient and it will arrive. You can go solo and get your PP stamped or wait till your wife's approval and go together.

We are in same situation.

Mine and child's case got aproved July 7, wife's case still pending.

Is there anything we can do? Such like call USCIS office to inquiry about spouse's case?
BTW, what's LUD?

Thanks! - tigermouse

Same situation here.
wac02128 mine approved on 07/13
wife's LUD 05/04/04 FP reviewed.

I think any action is useless. Just wait.

My attorney just received an RFE for my wife. It mainly asks for evidence showing our on-going relationship such as joint bank statements, etc. Anyone has similar experience?

tigermouse said:
My attorney just received an RFE for my wife. It mainly asks for evidence showing our on-going relationship such as joint bank statements, etc. Anyone has similar experience?

I'm in the same boat. My wife just received an RFE for on-going relationship. What did you provide to the INS? Should I write a letter to state our relationship? Help will be highly appreciated.

One more question. They are also asking for a COPY of our marriage cert which has already been sent in the previous I-485/EAD/AP package. What we sent last time was purely a photocopy of the marriage cert (no authentication). Do I have to get the copy notorized and authenticated this time?

My wife's I-485 was approved in Sep, a few weeks after I sent a response to the RFE including a copy of our joint bank statements, utility bills, and birth certificate of our children, etc. We have both received plastic cards. So don't worry.

tigermouse said:
My wife's I-485 was approved in Sep, a few weeks after I sent a response to the RFE including a copy of our joint bank statements, utility bills, and birth certificate of our children, etc. We have both received plastic cards. So don't worry.

My wife just came to the States in Sept 04. We don't have a joint bank account. All utility bills are under my name. We don't have any children.

I have:
1. dental plan statement with her name
2. lease agreement with her name as one of the occupants.
3. recent pictures

Got my Approval Letter, FP of Wife's still Pending

Hi,
I am in a peculiar situation. I had got my FP notice (alongwith my Wife's) back in Nov, 04. Since my wife was in India at that time, I sent a FP Reschedule request in the mail and went ahead with my FP. Meanwhile, I have got an Approval letter while my Wife is yet to receive her FP Reschedule notice.
My Question: what is the best option for me ? Should I wait for her FP to complete before going for my Stamping ? Or should I go ahead for my Stamping independent of her FP ?

Any expert opinions would be helpful.

Thanks a Ton

SweatyPalm,

You just need to send as much evidence as possiblel to demonstrate the on-going relationship between you and your wife. Send them all the docs you have, together with the health insurance (if your wife is your dependent), auto insurance, etc. You can also try to open a joint bank account with her.

dasash,

I would recommend that you go ahread get your passport stamped first. The earlier you stamp, the earlier the plastic card (at least one) arrives at your family. You can handle your wife's case seperately (very likely you'll get an RFE for your on-going relationship which should be very easy to response).

Same here

Same here. I'm just waiting for letter, no any action yet.

tigermouse said:
Hi all,
My I485 was approved on 7/16, and have received the approval notice. However, my wife's case is still pending. We filed together, and she's my dependent. Is this normal? We got our EAD, AP, FP together. Anybody have the similar experience? What shall I do for this case?
Any info is appreciated!

tigermouse said:
dasash,

I would recommend that you go ahread get your passport stamped first. The earlier you stamp, the earlier the plastic card (at least one) arrives at your family. You can handle your wife's case seperately (very likely you'll get an RFE for your on-going relationship which should be very easy to response).
tigermouse,
thanks for your reply. In fact, I am planning to go for my Stamping next week and to try a Walk-In for my wife's FP with the first notice. Let's see how it goes.
BTW, your pseudo-name (Tigermouse) reminded me of a familiar joke. I'll share it sometime later.

Cheers