I485 approved before company sending in AC21

LCSilence

Registered Users (C)
My I485 was approved today. However, I changed job in Nov 2005 and my current company is still getting ready to send in the AC21 letter. Do I still should ask my current company to send in the AC21 letter or I don't need to do anything about it?

Also, USCIS still have my old address. What would happen to the approval notice? Will the postal office forward it?

Thanks,

PD 07/2001, EB2
485 ND 07/2003

Has been stuck in Name Check. Congressman inquired on 1/18/06, said name check was still pending. LUD updated on 1/24/06. I was waiting for my PD current to file a lawsuit. And today, wow, big surprise. It seems USCIS is waiting on my PD to get current too to approve the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, LCSilence !!!

Great news !!!
I'm really happy for you.

I'm waiting for my PD to become current, to file for a lawsuit also.

LCSilence said:
PD 07/2001, EB2
485 ND 07/2003

Has been stuck in Name Check. Congressman inquired on 1/18/06, said name check was still pending. LUD updated on 1/24/06. I was waiting for my PD current to file a lawsuit. And today, wow, big surprise. It seems USCIS is waiting on my PD to get current too to approve the case.

LCSilence said:
My I485 was approved today. However, I changed job in Nov 2005 and my current company is still getting ready to send in the AC21 letter. Do I still should ask my current company to send in the AC21 letter or I don't need to do anything about it?

Also, USCIS still have my old address. What would happen to the approval notice? Will the postal office forward it?

Thanks,

I am surprised that you haven't done an address change yet.
You are suppose to change your address with USCIS within 30 days or so.
Your approval notice will go the old address and it will be returned to USCIS back. You should call USCIS and ask them to do an address change over the phone. Tell them that your I-485 has been recently approved and you moved recently. File the form and send it overnight to USCIS.

I have filed AR-11. However, According to the USCIS customer representative, AR-11 alone is not enough, we have to call in to update the address on each application. I did that on Friday, hope for the best.

My another concern is: My current company has not sent in the AC21 paper. Should I ask them not to since my GC has been approved? Will this cause me trouble when I apply for citizenship in 5 years?

thanks,

LCSilence said:
I have filed AR-11. However, According to the USCIS customer representative, AR-11 alone is not enough, we have to call in to update the address on each application. I did that on Friday, hope for the best.

My another concern is: My current company has not sent in the AC21 paper. Should I ask them not to since my GC has been approved? Will this cause me trouble when I apply for citizenship in 5 years?

thanks,

Call Customer Service and tell them that you had filled out an AR-11 for address change but your address has not yet been changed. Sometimes, they will change the address for you online. Tell them that your I-485 has been approved and you don't want the card to be sent to your old address.

You should consult an immigration lawyer to find out if or not you should send in AC21 documents and how it will affect your citizenship process in the next 5 years.

Congratulations

LCSilence said:
Please rely thanks,

Hi LCSilence,

Congrats on your approval. It gives me hope since you were in the same situation I am now.

I am stuck in name check and I am trying to contact a congressman in my local area. Could you please give me your communication with the congressman. I would like to know,

what type of quetions we need ask them, just to ask them to inquire about name check, or speep up our name check process? What would have some impact on our case. Please help me with what ever you tried with your congressman.

My PD will become current next month. I do not want to wait until they send out a letter saying under security check.

Thanks
Baski555

PD 11/01 - EB2 India,
RD 08/2003

I called my congressman and told them my situation -- I485 pending for a long time. And they asked me to fill a form -- basically authorize them to inquire on my behalf. Every congress/senator has a dedicated person to handle immigration and they have a long list of people in the same situation as you.

In my case, I don't think congressman's inquiries helped, it just took its own course. They have routinely inquiring USCIS on my case since early last year. Each time they just told me that my name check stuck with FBI and they could not do any thing about it. However, congressional inquiries could find out where go wrong with your case, and they could push USCIS to correct the problem if USCIS is the reason for the delay.

Thanks for your reply

LCSilence said:
I called my congressman and told them my situation -- I485 pending for a long time. And they asked me to fill a form -- basically authorize them to inquire on my behalf. Every congress/senator has a dedicated person to handle immigration and they have a long list of people in the same situation as you.

In my case, I don't think congressman's inquiries helped, it just took its own course. They have routinely inquiring USCIS on my case since early last year. Each time they just told me that my name check stuck with FBI and they could not do any thing about it. However, congressional inquiries could find out where go wrong with your case, and they could push USCIS to correct the problem if USCIS is the reason for the delay.

Thanks so much for your reply. I will try calling my congressman and see whats going on.

Baski555

From your case and some other cases, I concluded that "stuck in Name
Check" is kinda catch-all-term. I mean they blame FBI name check if your
case is stuck. It's always possible that NC is cleared coincidently when
your Congressman inquired and also VISA dates get current, but
I'm reading similar cases too many times....

LCSilence said:

I don't think my case approved because of congressional inquiry. As a matther of fact, when I called VSC the end of Jan asking about the LUD on 1/24, the representative wouldn't tell me anything. It was a coincidence that name check clearance and visa availability happen at the same time.

How would you know that one's name check is pending?
My case is pending from last 6 months and I called FBI they informed me about my FP not a word about name check.........how would I know my name check is still pending?

Cheers,

IJ

ijaffery said:
How would you know that one's name check is pending?
My case is pending from last 6 months and I called FBI they informed me about my FP not a word about name check.........how would I know my name check is still pending?

Cheers,

IJ

Fax or send an email to FBI and ask your your name check status.
They will let you know if your name check is still pending or has been
completed.

Last edited by a moderator:
minn_labor said:
completed.

Thanks for your answer. Can you also provide me an email address or a fax #?

Cheers,

IJ

Congressman or FBI

minn_labor said:
completed.

Do you know how long they will take to respond? Contacting congressman or faxing to FBI which one will give good impact? Please let me know.

Thanks
Baski555