1stFP:03/29/00
2ndFP:11/27/01
Date 485 approved: 12/31/01
Received in mail: 1/7/02
Stamped in Passport: 1/10/02
3EADs, 3APs, 2FPs Sigh!
Wife\'s approval not yet!
AVM not yet updated.
Swam through Labor(RIR) and 140 in one year, waited in 485 for almost 2 years and 2 months. Did not get FP notice after 3 months of expiration. Contacted Senator Miller\'s office in Atlanta. Did give confidence(but not sure if it helped). Now waiting for wife\'s approval.

Best wishes for all out there. It works though excruciatingly slow at times. You are either too lucky or pretty unlucky. Nothing inbetween I guess. Hope someday everybody get their 485 approval in 30 days of filing.

Congrats!

Your 485 dates are very close to mine. My case got assigned to an Officer yesterday after 2nd FP on 10/31/01. Hoping to see mine approved in a week.

Could you please post your stamping exprince (if in Atlanta)?

A heartly congratulation!!!!.

Could you please post your stamping exprince (if in Atlanta)?
I am planing to go there tomorrow for my stamping?

Thanks in Advance.

Congratulations

Congratulations, why didn\'t your wife get approval. Did you talk to IIO.

Best wishes, hope you have got it by now..

Usually it appears that it takes 1.5 months after the second FP to get the approval.
Cheers

stamping experience in Atlanta..

Pardon my late reply. Hope you had the same good stamping experience as me. Although I took a bunch of documents that other recommended, all they took were the Passport, I-94, approval, 2 photos(immigration style) and fingerprints.

Cheers

Finally she also got hers last week..

It arrived in mail last week, It was approved on 1/11/02.

We will go for stamping her passport likely tomorrow.
Cheers

It is more of a confidence factor..

It is tough to predict if it really helps. Probably it does. It gives you a confidence that you have someone who can cut through the big barriers and reach some human and get you an answer. Although when you try to contact the senator\'s office more often,you get the inevitable: we will reach you soon as we hear anything positive\'. Suprisingly they still have not contacted to tell me that our cases are approved. Not that it matters now.
Cheers

Congonts. One question pls

Didnot you try to stamp both you and your wife together even your wife without her approval notice? My lawyer told me it is possible.

Also after your wife got stamped, would you pls tell us your experience, I mean, for the time when your wife got stamped.
Thanks. I am now on the same boat. I just got the approval notice today but my wife not yet. I will post our case at a different thread.

How to contact Senator Miller (Atlanta )

Congratulation Sribhat ,
My case is pending for more then 2 years
ND 01/2000
RD 01/2000
FP 05/2000
Still waiting for 2nd FP.
How did you contact Senator Zell Miller , what is the best approch.
Thanks a lot.
Jondiaz

To contact Sentor Miller..

1. Go to the web site http://miller.senate.gov/

2. Obtain the contact address, telephone number etc there.
Write a letter addressed to the senator giving details like you case number, when it was filed for 485, when the last FP was done, etc.., and request them to help you with your case.

3. Fax the letter to the Senator\'s office.

4. Call the senator\'s office and let them know you faxed the request and take it from there.

They are very prompt in taking action on your request.
However, you then need to follow up with them instead of INS on a regular basis till you get your case resolved.

Best wishes
Sribhat

My physical card arrived sooner than I thought!..

My wife\'s approval was dated 1/11/02( a day after I had stamped mine).

We went for her stamping a few days after that and it was smooth. They did take the EAD and AP for her though they did not do that to mine.

BTW, I got my physical green card on 1/31/02! It was just 3 weeks after my stamping was done. This is a surprise. But my wife\'s physical green card is yet to come.
Regards
Sribhat