I485 approved and AC21 issues

telugodu

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I am glad that my I485 got approved recently through a small consulting company through lab-substitution.
I never worked for that company, and that employer wants me to join them immediately since my I485 is approved and is threatening to report to USCIS that I have no intention to join them and revoke my GC.
I have few commitments with my current company and cannot join the sponsoring company at this point of time. I asked to give me some time, but they r not willing to wait.

Experts please advice...

Thanks,
T

Hi all,
I am glad that my I485 got approved recently through a small consulting company through lab-substitution.
I never worked for that company, and that employer wants me to join them immediately since my I485 is approved and is threatening to report to USCIS that I have no intention to join them and revoke my GC.
I have few commitments with my current company and cannot join the sponsoring company at this point of time. I asked to give me some time, but they r not willing to wait.

Unfortulately, your GC sponsor can do it. All it takes from their side is to send a letter to USCIS

Hi all,

Experts please advice...

Thanks,
T
If employer wants you to join you MUST join.No buts.
That too this is LC Sub.
No commitments with your present employer can save you from joining Sponsoror and GC.
Request you sponsoror for extension of time(even if given it may cause problems bigtime later to you in naturalization) or Join him right away.
Infact you, as per concept of GC,upon approval of 485,are an GC holder
and must have intent and serve the GC sponsoror.How you want to apply AC21 now?on what pretext?
You wanted to argue this provision that you want to stay with present employer?Remind you, you never worked with Sponsoror and you wanted to claim you moved to present employer from sposnoror on AC21?It won't work that way (I think you are already aware of it)
You should have an idea before having LC sub.
------------------------------------------------------
Not a legal advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can't convince your sponsoring employer, you will get into trouble. So, join that company right away.

How about in my case? I got the approval today through lab substitution. However, I was working with sponsoring company when I applied for my GC and worked with him for 1 yr (after applying my GC) before my project was over. Later, I had to join a new company and applied for AC21.

Since then I have changed few companies.....

Will I be in trouble???

Thanks,
-----------------------------------------
VSC --->TSC
EB3 INDIA, PD -02/2003
CONCURRENT FILING - 02/2004
140 - APPROVED - 07/2004
NC CLEARED - RECD. EMAILs FROM FBI
FP2 - 05/02/2007
I-765 (3rd approved)
I-131 (3rd) (RFE 05/09/07 for 140 proof - responded 05/16/07 - 05/22/07 -case processing resumed)
I- 485 - RECENT LUDs - 03/02/07 (XFER TO TSC), 05/06/07 (POST FP2), 05/07/07, 05/08/07, 05/25/07 (post conversation with the TSC officer), 5/28/2007, 5/29/2007, 5/30/2007, 5/31/2007. 6/1/2007, 6/3/2007 (card production ordered)

How about in my case? I got the approval today through lab substitution. However, I was working with sponsoring company when I applied for my GC and worked with him for 1 yr (after applying my GC) before my project was over. Later, I had to join a new company and applied for AC21.

Will I be in trouble???

Thanks,
Seems Your case is somewhat easy than previous case becuase:
1)you worked atleast some time for the sponsoring employee.
2)Applied AC21 before GC approval.
But it is not clear whther you have applied? AC21 letter to CIS and have an acknowledgement or receipt confirmation/proof of sending etc..
However with all these, the IO at later date(if you apply for any further benefit,may ask all clarifications and it depends on the interviewing IO) but you have some substantiation if you have sent the letters to CIS before approval.
(CIS might have apporved GC overlooking AC21 letter for example.And
they have approved GC with out any RFE on AC21 for example.
You can always argue you have fulfilled your obligation to CIS by sending Ac21 letter after immediately changing with Sponsor,if you have sent one!).
If you apply for any further immigration benefits(CTZship..)and called for interview better take lawyer if necessary.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Not a legal advise,only layman's opinion.

Will I be in trouble???

Thanks,
VSC --->TSC
EB3 INDIA, PD -02/2003
CONCURRENT FILING - 02/2004
140 - APPROVED - 07/2004
NC CLEARED - RECD. EMAILs FROM FBI
FP2 - 05/02/2007
I-765 (3rd approved)
I-131 (3rd) (RFE 05/09/07 for 140 proof - responded 05/16/07 - 05/22/07 -case processing resumed)
I- 485 - RECENT LUDs - 03/02/07 (XFER TO TSC), 05/06/07 (POST FP2), 05/07/07, 05/08/07, 05/25/07 (post conversation with the TSC officer), 5/28/2007, 5/29/2007, 5/30/2007, 5/31/2007. 6/1/2007, 6/3/2007 (card production ordered)

You should be just fine. You had utilized AC21 before changing employer so you are in a better position than the other person who started this thread.

A couple of my friends quit their employers after 180 days of filing of I485 and they have gotten their green card and no problems so far.

Keep the copies of the letters that you sent while utilizing AC21; they are useful when you go for N400.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

Few clarifications

Thank you...

I am keeping safe the very first copy of the only AC21 applied when I had to change from my sponsoring employer after almost 1 yr from filing I-485.

I recently got my Green card approval - no problems thus far. However, I have changed multiple jobs (on w2) since my first AC21.

Now I plan to work on contract and may have to shift jobs almost every 6 months. Will it be a problem???

Do I have to be on W2 for my citizenship? or will contracting /1099 through my own registered company will do??

Also, how about if I opt to change my profession entirely??

Thanks again....as I look forward to the responses.

Best,

Thank you...

I recently got my Green card approval - no problems thus far. However, I have changed multiple jobs (on w2) since my first AC21.

Now I plan to work on contract and may have to shift jobs almost every 6 months. Will it be a problem???
--------------None likely.

Do I have to be on W2 for my citizenship? or will contracting /1099 through my own registered company will do??
---No probelms, likely.

Also, how about if I opt to change my profession entirely??
-----No problems, likely.
-----You have a GC now and you can do all 'lawful' things freely. you only need to do all necessary things to be able to 'mainatin green card ' lawfully.Check the requirements at CIS site:'Now That You Are A Permanent Resident' --rights and responsibilities.That's it.Prior to GC and for ctzship elgibilty.read my previous reply.

Thanks again....as I look forward to the responses.

Best,
You posted multiple messages for this.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not a legal advise.

Hi,
I posted the above post on my friend's behalf. I just copied his mail here.Thanks for all the responses. They were helpful. I have advised my friend to join the sponsorship company. He was given 2 days to quit his current company and join the sponsor and he wanted 4 weeks time before he can join.

thanks,
T

Hi,
I posted the above post on my friend's behalf. I just copied his mail here.Thanks for all the responses. They were helpful. I have advised my friend to join the sponsorship company. He was given 2 days to quit his current company and join the sponsor and he wanted 4 weeks time before he can join.

thanks,
T
Appropriate Decision.
From then on his immigration sailing will be smooth and regularized one.

Hi,

thanks,
T
Appropriate Decision.
From then on his immigration sailing will be smooth and regularized one.
------------------------------------------------------------
Not a legal advise.