Hey Guys who received RFE, don\'t be too worried. Here\'s how my case went:

PD Nov. 1997
RD Sep. 2000
RFE Jan. 2001 for amended I-140 due to company name change
RD of amended I-140 Mar.13 2001
AD of amended I-140 Jul. 20 2001
AD of I485 - Aug. 5
Passport Stamp - today

Looks like 485 will be approved within 2/3 weeks after 140 approved. But my lawyer mailed a copy of 140 approval to RFE mail box, approval came one week after that...

Thanks CIBA for doing a great job maintaining this website. It is great!

Smile :eek:)

Congrats smile!! Enjoy your freedom!!

This gives me a little hope
My I140(redo) RD/ND is Feb 9/12 2001.
Still not approved.
I485 ND Aug 2000 still not approved
FP Oct 2000
Ramesh B

Congratulations Smile

Congratulations Smile. Your case is very similar to mine approved earlier.

bacardi151

Congrats!!

I am where u were:
PD 12/97
I-485 12/99
FP 08/00
RFE-I 10/00
RFE-II 01/01 for I-140 Redo RD: 03/01 Approved:08/01 (AVM is still not updated!!)

I had called CSC/IIO. They did not reveal any information besides what was in automated system, which was itself outdated. Still does not say that my I-140 was approved. I got the approval copy from my attorney. Waiting for an action on my I-485. What was ur experience with AVM at CSC?

thanks - Pramod.

Hoping

Guys

Congratulations.. I am waiting for my I-140 REDO approval.
wac-01-123-xxxx.

Thanks

Congratulations from Neo!!

Hi Smile!

My PD is 12/1997. So I know how u feel.

Btw, my I-140 (for RFE) was never approved but my 485 was approved last July 23, 2001.

Neo

Re your quesiton

PP,

Have your attorney mail a copy of your approved I-140 to the mail box that you replied to for RFE? IF he hasn\'t, you should ask him to do this.

Theoratically that person handles your RFE case should automatically be informed by INS that your I-140\'s approved, but you know how INS is, therefore there\'s a need to remind them...

As to AVM, I wouldn\'t worry about it too much. Sometimes AVM\'s not updated that fast. Like in my case, I submitted my RFE reply in Feb, but it was until May that the AVM acknowledge the receipt. But my I-140 approval was updated in AVM quickly. Don\'t worry, you should be OK.

Congratulations, Neo!

Congratulations! Neo! I am happy to learn that. This also gives people some hope that with the new regulation already coming out regarding the 180 day issue, people like us, whose company got merged, spin off, or simply changed name, don\'t necessarily have to wait till the lengthy I-140 redo got approved before they can see any hope in 485 approval.

Enjoy your freedom!

Ramesh, pp, bacard 151, Neo and others

Hi, guys,

We have been in the same boat due to this ridiculous RFE I-140 issue. I am really grateful to everyone as you guys have offer details on your cases help us to better analyze our situation.

For people whose case got approved such as bacard, Neo, congratulations again! I think we all well deserve that!

For people who are still waiting, such as Ramesh, pp...I believe you will soon hear the good news! My reasoning is 2 folds -- 1 is you follow the normal I-140 approval line, after your I-140 got approved. you should see you 485 approval soon. check the JIT report every 2 weeks, from my experience I don\'t think there\'s another line for I-140 redo. mine is EB2 so only after the JIT report showing that INS is processing cases around my date, my I140 got approved. --2. There\'s a good chance that due to the new regulation on AC21, your case may even don\'t need an I140 apporval to get approved, an example would be Neo. Also, I have a collegue in exact situation, his case also got approved without asking for an I140 redo.

Keep the sipirit high! Wish you all good luck!