I485 approved after one week full of suspense

Valcris29

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys,

After one week without be able to see my case status online (they took my receipt out of the system). I received a letter from USCIS today, stating that my case has been approved on 04/04/05, same day as my I140. In the letter is saying that my card will be issue in 3 weeks. It is a litle bit abnormal, because all the cases I know, you actually go to local CIS to get the passport stamped. Did anybody got this kind of notice? So, I am very happy! I will be getting a new job (in fact will be in the same company, but direct hiried). I will try to have a normal life. Thanks to all of you on this forum to keep my hopes up. I was getting so depressed, mainly because my I140. It took 14 months to be approved, but it is welcome anyway.

See my data below:

PD Set/2002, EB3, NRC (non retrogression country)
I140/485 ND Feb 19, 2004, RD Feb 23, 2004, AD Apr 4, 2005 (spouse as well)
FP 0n 05/01/2004, RFE on I485 03/16/2005 and received 03/21/2005.
EAD/AP 1st AD on 04/2004, 2nd AD 03/2005

Now, am going to drink a cold beer ( I mean a case!!)

Thanks to all!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't get passport stamped, how could they order a card for you. You need fill a form and submit photos and finger print to get a card.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
Hmmmmmmmmm.....I have not received my approval letter yet. I'll inform as to what it says when I get it.
I thought you had to give photos and fingerprint also. I guess I'll see what it says.

hidden_dragon said:
If you don't get passport stamped, how could they order a card for you. You need fill a form and submit photos and finger print to get a card.

I really don't know. What I am assuming,that, becuase I did recently my 2nd EAD online (Jan 25/05 and approved on Mar 6/05), they took my picture and index FP on my local CIS. So, probably they dicided to use them. I called my attorney and he is waiting for his I485 approved notice copy, for him find-out. I will call costumer service tomorrow to find out as well.

Congrats!!!!!
My case got approved on Apr 4th. I got my approval notice and it has just a one liner and no information about FP or stamping like your notice. I had my FP and Pix same time last year. My attorney has not received the notices yet. Even if they send the card directly, what about stamping????

sudha_vishi said:
Congrats!!!!!
My case got approved on Apr 4th. I got my approval notice and it has just a one liner and no information about FP or stamping like your notice. I had my FP and Pix same time last year. My attorney has not received the notices yet. Even if they send the card directly, what about stamping????

With the GC on your hand, you do not need a stamp on your passport. The stamp is temporary until you get your card. Some time the card takes up to a year to receive.

Did any one recieve the card without PP stamping

I received my approval notice yesterday. It didn't mention anything about infopass or passport stamping. It says the card will be mailed with in 120 days. Did any one find out from the customer service whether PP stamping is required or not. Incidently I also happen to apply for 2nd EAD online.

But for couple of my friends, it was mentioned in the approval notice to take an infopass appointment.

krips99 said:
I received my approval notice yesterday. It didn't mention anything about infopass or passport stamping. It says the card will be mailed with in 120 days. Did any one find out from the customer service whether PP stamping is required or not. Incidently I also happen to apply for 2nd EAD online.

But for couple of my friends, it was mentioned in the approval notice to take an infopass appointment.

See this link from another thread. I called them and they said. We donot need infopass. Looks like the process has been changed for the new approval. So, I will called then back on Apr 25th, if my card did not come in by then.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=170616

I dont have a GC on my hand yet. The notice says "I will be receiving the card in less than 120 days". If the infopass is not required, what happens to the stamping??? There is no stamping process anymore????