I485 approval

"COA" acronym in conjunction with I-485 should be "Code of Admission". Are you an employment-based applicant at all?

Re: COA

Originally posted by bill1735
employment base. Does this COA be stamped on passport? Why?

Not all Green Cards are made equal. Or obtained in the same way, anyhow. Basically, Code of Admission (a.k.a. Class of Admission) is present on all Green Cards, either stamped on the face as it was with the old-issue cards or encoded on the magnetic strip; so it is my belief that there is nothing to worry about. Nothing at all.

As far as your I-551 stamping goes,.. well, I don't know if the stamp will contain the COA. But even if it does, I wouldn't care to think of it twice.

COA means country of admission and yes it is shown at the passports we have had stamped few months ago.the number sometimes vary because of the spouse and the derivative children.

COA means category of application.I stand corrected with my earlier post.Yes, it is found in the stamped I-485 approval in the passport and also showned at the actual green card.

re-stamp

Thanks for the information. Thinking to change the location (different state) What procedure and document for the re-stamp if one year later the Plastic card has not been recieved?