I485 approval before I140 amendment approval ?

TerryA

Registered Users (C)
I filed I485 last year, then my devision just got divided from my old company, now I\'m filing I140 amendment.
Is it possible to get 485 approval before 140 amendment approval (in case it happens) if I don\'t get RFE ?

How long does 140 amendment take usually ?

Thanks for all comments.

TerryA

No Title

It is possible, especially if your I-485 still has the old company\'s name on it. It is a good idea to file an have an I-140 approved with the new name on it, proactively.

No Title

Hi VSC RD122399
Our company name has changed after I have applied for the I-485(ND Oct 99 in EB3) and then I got the labor and I-140 approved with the new company name. Last month my case is transferred to EB2 and finger prints are done as well in the same month. Do you foresee any RFE in my case. Thanks in advance. Just share your knoledge.

No Title

That\'s hard to predict. In my case, group spun off after I-485 was filed. A new I-140 (but no labor) was filed. As per lawyer, if I-485 is approved without RFE. they won\'t submit the new I-140. If an RFE is generated e.g. for pay stubs, then it will be replied with pay stubs of new company and the new I-140.
My new I-140 is still pending at CSC.