I485 AOS update; approval near?

chromedOut

Registered Users (C)
after a period of nearly 3 and a half months of inactivity, my i485 was touched. last update occured 2/6/07 but the change was registered on the uscis status page today (I check it every day). could this be a sign that I've cleared name check?

here's are my case details and timeline:

PD jan '01 (21+ old, never married son of permanent resident later upgraded to naturalized citizen)

AOS packet sent 6/29/06
AOS notice date 7/7/06
FP 8/2/06
EAD received 9/26/06
interview 10/11/06 -- approved but unable to adjudicate green card due to PD retrogression. IO informs me that my file will be placed in a special section that is monitored closely. when my PD becomes current again they will order a green card. when I asked about namecheck he says I'm done with that.

~ 10/15/06 -- nov 06 bulletin released, my PD is current again.

10/27/06 touch

~ 11/1/06 first infopass -- I'm fully expecting to either leave with a passport stamp or assurance that a green card will be ordered since I was approved at my interview pending retrogression. told that my case is under review.

~ 12/2/06 second infopass -- told that I'm pending security clearance. person I talked to said, "you've passed the first part of the clearance. still haven't heard back on the other 2". "we can't give you any more info until 90 days pass"

1/26/07 third infopass -- 90 days have passed and this infopass was more informative. still pending security cleared but told "your finger prints are clear and you don't have an fbi record. still waiting for you to clear the other 2 prongs which are classified". IO tells me that his screen showed that my interview IO had requested my file before christmas, but he went on leave. he said he was back because he had seen him earlier that week.

2/8/07 last update date for my case on the uscis site changes from 10/27/06 to 2/06/07.

is it typical to see activity for cases that are pending security clearance right before approval?