I484 pending for a year. Company bought by another

gc-re-gc

Hi,

Our company will soon be bought by another company with new name. my I485 is pending for over a year.
1) DO I need new I140/I485.
2) Do we need to use AC21.
3) Just inform INS and thats it.
4) Do nothing.
-- Thanks.

Hi,
Our Parent Company was acquired by another company after my 140 was approved and prior to 485 was filed. Our new company, after filing for 485, filed for an amended 140 just in case.

Hi Jfdeva

has your amended 140 been approved, for 485 did you wait for amended 140 aproval.
thanks.

my 140 is already approved and 485 is pending for a year

Do I still need to amended I140.
Also, what about EAD and AP. DO I need to apply for that as well??.
Thanks

Does any one know?

I485 is pending for a year and company is bought by another.
Do we need to amend I140, get new EAD AP??.
What else??
Thanks

if your AOS pending over 1 year, and your job duty doesn't change, i think AC21 should cover you fine. your lawyer could inform BCIS you intend to use AC21, but it's not required.

consult your lawyer.

good luck:)

If I485 is still pending, then amended I140 should be applied by the new company. The GC process will continue with the new company without kicking off the AC21, since it is an acquisition. the existing status continues with the new company. The only difference is the new company has to apply for amended I140

I140 amendment .

Is I140 amendment something that you file with BCIS and forget ( this amendment goes in existing file) OR you have to wait for its approval ( I mean is it parallel to I485 processing or I485 processing stops).

Our company only announced this merger actual name change
will take place in August. Thats when I am expecting my I485 approval ( RD: March 2002). What would you suggest, wait till August to file I140 amendment ( if I get approved before August,we may not need I 140 amendment).
Thanks