I40 rfe/CGFNS certificate/visa screen question

yssadora0101

Registered Users (C)
INS sent me rfe regarding my CGFNS certificate. I passed my CG exam and TSE/TOEFL before the end of 2002. I didn't receive my CG Cert and tried calling, emailin, faxing them couple of times in 2003. By Jan 2004, received email from them asking me a letter to request for official letter from CGFNS. Until now no response from them (sent them request via courier last Feb 2004).
My problem now is I140 was filed and INS is asking for my CGFNS cert. I received my Visa screen certificate already but didn't receive anything about that CG Cert. Quetions is: can I submit my Visa Screen cert in lieu of my CG certificate? I understand that Visa screen certificate verifies and certifies everything about educational attainment, english exam and CG exam (for which if you have it, you met requirements already).
Do you guys think it's possible for INS to honor this Visa Screen instead of CGFNS cert for my I140 approval? I need your response... thanks

Try VisaScreen first and get CGFNS cert second.

You may send your VisaScreen in first if you concern about the denial of 140 due to the timing. Call CGFNS and talk to them. Send the copy of your VisaScreen and any info from CGFNS regarding your CGFNS test. You may go there in person or eventually hire a lawyer to sue CGFNS. CGFNS has just couple of persons to run it. They just want money. Damn it!!

about visascreen cert

hi! how many months does ICHP approves the visascreen application? coz i finished my TOEFL last nov. 2004 and i'm done with my TSE too just this may 2005. i was just wondering how long does it take the ICHP to release a visascreen cert.

If your status in your online account shows all passed, call CGFNS and send receipt return mail to them. It may take 2-3 months to get the visascreen if everything ready.

Moona said:
If your status in your online account shows all passed, call CGFNS and send receipt return mail to them. It may take 2-3 months to get the visascreen if everything ready.
my status online in cgfns is waiting for my english exams result. I passed all the english eams but then they still don't have a score report of my TSE. I called ETS several times already, and i sent a fax to the ETS for the mailing of my score report to the cgfns/ichp. well i really don't know when they will have that info. :confused:

How to see online result?

Friends, I would really appreciate if you guys could tell me how to check the CGFNS exam results online. I appeared for the Nov 9th exam. I had applied for the exam by sending the application by post. Is it possible to open an account online with cgfns.org and somehow tie the online account with my exam id number? I don't see any way to do that from the site... any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
jay.

CG certificate and visa screen is one and the same entity.

yssadora0101 said:
INS sent me rfe regarding my CGFNS certificate. I passed my CG exam and TSE/TOEFL before the end of 2002. I didn't receive my CG Cert and tried calling, emailin, faxing them couple of times in 2003. By Jan 2004, received email from them asking me a letter to request for official letter from CGFNS. Until now no response from them (sent them request via courier last Feb 2004).
My problem now is I140 was filed and INS is asking for my CGFNS cert. I received my Visa screen certificate already but didn't receive anything about that CG Cert. Quetions is: can I submit my Visa Screen cert in lieu of my CG certificate? I understand that Visa screen certificate verifies and certifies everything about educational attainment, english exam and CG exam (for which if you have it, you met requirements already).
Do you guys think it's possible for INS to honor this Visa Screen instead of CGFNS cert for my I140 approval? I need your response... thanks

afetr submitting all the documents, it took cgfns to release the visa screen around 2-3mos.

ljvan6 said:
hi! how many months does ICHP approves the visascreen application? coz i finished my TOEFL last nov. 2004 and i'm done with my TSE too just this may 2005. i was just wondering how long does it take the ICHP to release a visascreen cert.

I would send the Screen w/a letter

I would send the Visa Screen Certificate and explain in a letter that it certifies that you passed all of the required exams. I would also include evidence of the fact that you tried to retrieve the other documents, but that you have been unsuccessful in doing so. That once you receive it, you'll forward it along to them.

yssadora0101 said:

ljvan6 said:
my status online in cgfns is waiting for my english exams result. I passed all the english eams but then they still don't have a score report of my TSE. I called ETS several times already, and i sent a fax to the ETS for the mailing of my score report to the cgfns/ichp. well i really don't know when they will have that info. :confused:
We are on the same page! I also mailed a request with the ETS to submit my TSE score to VISASCREEN. TSE sent me an acknowledgement receipt, but it has been 2 weeks, and ICHP has not received it yet. I am just worried because my TSE score will expire Jan 2006.
Did TSE ever answered you back with your inquiries?