I1485 Got approved

gc2thimma

Registered Users (C)
I140/I1485 approved (ND 09/18/2003)

Guys,

Today My I140/I1485 got approved. I have 2 qs

1. Rightnow my wife is in India with EAD/Advance Parole, so is it going to be a problem to re-enter US ??

2. I would like to know what is the process to get GC stamping on my passport ?? since i am planning tgo go to India next week, so i don't have much time

I think it will be a matter of time to see I140 approval online.

GOOD LUCK GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ND I140/485 Sep-18 2003 concurrent, EB2

I485 ADJ oct-15 2004
I140 ??

Last edited by a moderator:
radhag said:
Congrats.
Can you share share your FP details?

She will not have problems in getting back into US as she has AP with her. Also, you need to get the 485 approval courtesy copy by mail shortly. After you receive that, you need to go to local INS and get your passport stamped.

I dont think that you would be able to do that before you start to India. Good Luck.

BTW, When did you do your FP? Is it labor substitution?

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful on travel plans

Congrats on ur approval.

Be very careful on your travel. contact your attorney.
There is a late breaking news on travel even with stamping.
Check the murthy website today.

While your wife may not have any issues in coming back, you may be better off travelling with proper counsel

==========================
I am just another GC applicant, not attorney

Want GC Soon said:
She will not have problems in getting back into US as she has AP with her. Also, you need to get the 485 approval courtesy copy by mail shortly. After you receive that, you need to go to local INS and get your passport stamped.

I dont think that you would be able to do that before you start to India. Good Luck.

BTW, When did you do your FP? Is it labor substitution?

FP done on Aug10th 2004
Regular RIR Labor.

Guys,

USCIS District Office
Peter Rodino, Jr. Federal Building,
970 Broad Street, Room 136

USCIS District Office
24 Commerce Street

My local USCIS office is in NEWARK but there are 2 offices, pls who ever has got information let me know which office to go for I551 stamping ??

I am planning to go this monday morning, since my tickets are booked for India and i don't have enough time to wait for my approval notice

pls reply

thanks

sanjb said:
Congrats on ur approval.

Be very careful on your travel. contact your attorney.
There is a late breaking news on travel even with stamping.
Check the murthy website today.

While your wife may not have any issues in coming back, you may be better off travelling with proper counsel

==========================
I am just another GC applicant, not attorney

That breaking news is about passport stamp 551. They are planning to dissolve that all together by October end. But in this case there isnt any issue of that. AP should be fine to travel.

AP may not be Good once 485 is approved !!!!

Well, I was under the impression that AP is no Good once your 485 is approved. This assuming you are here in the US on the date of approval.

Since the news is still evolving, it may be better to take a cautious stand
on travel when some one waited for so long to get the approval.

karns said:
That breaking news is about passport stamp 551. They are planning to dissolve that all together by October end. But in this case there isnt any issue of that. AP should be fine to travel.

My company lawyer is asking me to get I551 stamping before leaving the country.

I read somewhere in the 485 forum that the instructions on the 485 approval notice regarding the stamping is outdated, you need to get an infopass appointment, check the 485 forum for more details.

Hi gc2thimma

Sanjb was right about travel after stamping.Be careful talk to your lawyer regarding this flash news.My wife is planning to travel in november.We are still waiting for approval notice.we are unable to decide on travel with AP or stamping?

http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_101504.html

tiger2025

gc2thimma said:
My company lawyer is asking me to get I551 stamping before leaving the country.