I140 with company 'A' but working in company 'B'

baski00

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus!

I filed for I140/I485 using pre-approved labour with Company 'A'. But I am working for company 'B' using company B 'H1B'. I used to work with company 'A' before 3 years. Employer 'A' said that there is no need to work with him, that’s why I am continue to work with company 'B'.

a. Is this legal? Even in future, do I need to work with employer 'A'?.

b. Can I work in company B using company A EAD in FUTURE?

C. When I file for my second I140 with company 'B', do I need to mention about my first Green card (I140/I485) processing?

thanks in advance

Is it mandartory to work company A for GC?

Thanks, Jharkhandi.

I filed for I140/I485 using pre-approved labour with Company 'A'. But I am working for company 'B' using company B 'H1B'. I used to work with company 'A' before 3 years. Employer 'A' said that there is no need to work with him, that’s why I am continue to work with company 'B'.

Question:

When its mandatory to work with company A while continuing my job in company B.
1. After getting Greencard in company A
2. Or while in the I485 process
3. Or no need to work at all for company A.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

You should definitely start working after getting GC. For good measures, you should start a bit earlier(no fix time limit though - suggested is after getting EAD or if possible after filing 485).

What if I don't join company A even after getting my GC. Will it create any problem in the future.

Thanks.

nwa
I heard that when you apply for permanet residence application, that time you may have the issue.