I140 Undeliverable - Approval Received - Any impact for the rest of the process?

andreab67

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I do have a concern.
My I-140 was approved at the end of 2002.
The lawyer of the company sent the approval notice to me via fax.
The problem is the online status:

Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on ..... 2002. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I tried to tell the customer center about it but they will not change it because they say the employer should change it.
I contacted several times the lawyer of the company and the company rep to fix the situation unsuccessfully in the last two years.
I'm always told that it doesn't matter and everything is OK.
The fact is, I'm a September 2002 filer and I did not receive fingerprinting to date.
Furthermore I asked for Advance Parole using e-filing recntly and they sent me an RFE where they stated that in the system there was no I-140 or pending I485 that would justify an AP.
Now I do have several questions:
1) Is the fact of the error in the online status effectively delaying the I-485 Status.
2) If it is can use it as ground of proved inefficient work of my employer that actually caused the delay on pourpose?
3) Is there any connection between the fact of this 25+ months waiting without any action and the error?

I'm trying to sort this out but I really could use some type of advise here...

Thanks

Andreab67

It is for the approved I-140.
I'm trying to understand if there is any relation between the message and the fact that I've not been called for FingerPrinting yet.
My I-485 Date is 09/13/2002

in 485 casees many ppl shared they got approval notice+ stamped and online status still shows 850-900 days blah blah.... (I know ur is 140 case)

online system is not reliable. it is an effort to reduece and avoid huge inqueries and calm the applicants instead of panicing and rushing to them.

if u have written approval then ignore it. but for ur peace in mind , just send a simple lstter explain it , attatched the approval letter. thats it.

if u are assuming that 485 delay becz of that , thats not true, many ppl sent 140 receipt while submiting 485, and on 485 they would open ur file and will see that 140 is approved or not. mail delevery is not an issue neither their headache. this is mail room issue.

Btw ppl from may02 are waiting for FP,
So be patient and smile :D and pary.... everything will be fine

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right to be worried

I cant understand how poj is stating that its ok - they cant even find your 485 - thats no good unless your lawyer/you screwed up the case references. in your AP application. Have your lawyer respond to the rfe and ensure that you get the AP approved - that'll at least mean that they got the case properly into their system. Also if you changed addresses, you should be able to call and change the address for your 485 app.