I140 transfered from CSC to TSC. Anyone knows why?

kclee60

Registered Users (C)
Hello people,

I am working in California and filed concurrent 140/485 under EB2. Presently I am on L1A. I just received a "weird" message in my email as follows:

"Receipt Number: WACxxxxxxx09

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

On March 21, 2006, we transferred your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to an office in TEXAS SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center. "

Does anyone have any previous experience that mirrors mine? Is this good news or bad? What does that mean? I am getting nervous by the day. I refiled my 140/485 after my 140 was rejected by NSC before due to edu eval. when I was under L1B.

Appreciate advice from gurus please.

Thanks.
I140 RD= Jan 30 2006 /ND = 31 Jan 30 2006; LUD = 22 Mar 06
I485 RD = Jan 30 2006 / ND = 31 Jan 30 2006

I Just Received the a Same Email from USCIS too.

Hi Ken,

I got the excat same Email. I wonder why too. Since according to USCIS website. Texas service center don't have juridiction over case in California. Don't know why our case being transfered.

Anybody have the same situation ? Thanks

KH

CSC EB2
I140 RD 02-09-06 Case Transfer to TSC 03-21-06
I485 RD 02-09-06
I131 RD 02-09-06 AD 03-16-06
I765 RD 02-09-06 AD 03-17-06

Last edited by a moderator:
Pilot Program to Transfer Case to TSC

MissTruck,

Are you in the same situation ? can you please post your information such as
I140 RD, I485, RD LUD etc.... ?

I heard from my paralegal same thing. It is a pilot program to transfer all case to Texas service center. I don't kow if this is the pilot program that suppose to speed up the processing time to 90 days or not.

Thanks

my RD is Dec. 16, 2005. and my LUD is March 23,2006. I received an email, too that my papers were transferred to TSC from CSC. I'm trying to reach the customer service number but a voice prompt said that the number you have dialled can't be reached from your local area. I just can't figure it how i will contact them. Anyway, i checked the processing dates in texas for the I140 and they're processing the Jan 4, 2006 application.

How to Upload an Excel File

Hi Guys,

I wonder if anybody know how can i upload an excel file so that everybody can fill up the file and let this file display for everybody viewing everytime they come to this thred ? This will be better since it is really hard to keep track by looking at each individual posting.

Thanks

KH

Mine too transfered to Texas. According to the recent processing dates CSC processing date for I140 EB3 is 10/12/05 and mine 10/13/05 (@#$%) ***FRUSTRATING***

Last edited by a moderator:
I485 Also Transfered to TSC too.

Hi,

I just received another email from USCIS that my I485 is also transfer to TSC from CSC ( after I140 being transfered 2 days ago).

Backlog Reduction

This is from Murthy:

CSC to Adjudicate Some NSC and TSC Family Cases
Posted Aug 13, 2004
©MurthyDotCom
The USCIS California Service Center (CSC) announced on August 4, 2004 that it will be adjudicating some immediate relative cases that were filed through the Nebraska (NSC) and Texas (TSC) Service Centers. In some cases, the CSC will be sending the receipt notices for these cases. Therefore, MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers who filed immediate relative cases through the NSC or TSC are advised not to be concerned if they receive receipts or other case communications from the CSC.
©MurthyDotCom
This announcement is limited to I-130 filings for immediate relatives. It does not have any impact on employment-based cases or I-130 filings for preference relatives. Immediate relative cases are filed by U.S. citizens on behalf of their spouses, parents, and minor children. The CSC is processing these cases so that they may help the NSC and TSC reduce their backlogs. It is another positive sign that the USCIS is taking steps to reach backlog elimination goals within the next two years.

So same thing happened back in 2004 where CSC received cases from TSC and NSC.

Bi-Specialization in effect

My I-140 was also transferred from CSC to TSC on 21st March. My Attorney told me that its due to a new process called Bi-specialization. Here are the details:-

"In response to the AILA USCIS Liaison Committee's inquiry about reports of
members receiving notices indicating that I-140 and related I-485 cases are
being transferred from CSC to TSC, USCIS HQ indicated that approximately
15,000 such cases are in the process of being transferred. This is in
preparation for the agency's "bi-specialization" program, whereby Service
Centers will specialize in particular types of filings. For example, two
service centers will handle all I-140 and related I-485 cases, and the other
two will handle all I-129s. USCIS plans to issue an announcement detailing
the bi-specialization program in the very near future.

In March 2005, Sen. Chuck Grassley, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, and Rep. John Hostettler, chairman of the Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Claims of the House Judiciary Committee, requested the Office of Inspector General of the Department of Homeland Security (OIG) to investigate the USCIS provision of H-1B status to more aliens in fiscal year (FY) 2005 than was statutorily authorized. Specifically, the OIG was asked to determine how the violations occurred and to recommend ways to avoid such violations in the future. The OIG issued a report and determined that the inadvertent granting of H-1B status to more aliens than statutorily authorized was attributable to several factors: (1) the lack of a systematic means for counting petitions as they are filed and adjudicated; (2) the complexity of the adjudication and counting processes, which make the count toward the cap fluctuate; and (3) an unexpected influx of petitions in mid-September 2004, which overburdened the cap counting process. In an effort to prevent a recurrence of this problem, the USCIS has instituted two new measures:

(1) BI-SPECIALIZATION and

(2) last-day randomization.

Bi-specialization involves the increased specialization of the service centers with respect to particular types of petitions e.g., temporary worker visa petitions will only be handled by two of the four service centers. Last-day randomization involves using a first-in, first-out basis for adjudicating petitions, while simultaneously announcing periodically the number of petitions left before reaching the cap. The USCIS will then notify the public of a “final receipt date,” anticipating the day it will reach the cap. The USCIS will institute a random selection process for all petitions received on that date. However, the OIG notes in its report that this measure may not increase the precision of the process because it is not clear that USCIS can correctly anticipate the date on which it will approve its 65,000th cap case."

x -------------------------------------------------------------- x

In other words, it seems that gradually I-140 cases will not be handled by CSC but by TSC.

I140 Status Update

I just received a status Update today for my I-140 Case.

On April 21, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or
registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

Not Sure what this means. Any insights?

It means you got your I-140 is approved. I got the same message when they approved my I-131 and mailed it. Congrats!

cosmopolitan said:
I just received a status Update today for my I-140 Case.

On April 21, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or
registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

Not Sure what this means. Any insights?