I140 Stuck At Consulate, Ins Tells They Have Requested They Deny

kini

Registered Users (C)
The case file is being stuck at Consulate in Chennai. They are telling they have the file, but they can transfer only if they INS asks for the same. INS tells that they have requested but haven\'t got back.
How can I make these 2 offices comminicate properly and get the things done, looks like we are out of all the choices. INS tells we have already sent we dont request again, but those guys haven\'t got it.

Even if Consulate sends file tonight, I have to wait for atleast 2 months for post to arrive,get sorted in INS, enter the system and adjuducating GOD looks at it. It is getting worse every time I probe. Maybe I should freaking give up.

How did you contact chennai

my i-140 is also struct in chennai, I had an interview at Baltimore INS and they told me that my I-140 is in chennai, could you please let me know how you contacted chennai consulate regarding your i-140.
thanks

My info

PD Jun 1999
RD oct 2000
ND Nov 2000
Case transfered to baltimore
Interview on Aug 29 2001

Kini, did you get your case info by email or did you talk to them.

FIRST SPOKE TO THEM AND THEN BY MAIL

First I sopke to them , they asked for NVC case number which I did not have, they asked me to get the same and email once I have the details.

I obtained the case number from NVC and later sent the details to them, got the response within a day, these guys are really fast. I think I should have opted for CP.

Let us know once you get any info from them

No Title

Kini, I got a reply from chennai saying that they have sent my papers to VSC in July, this date is even before my interview at Baltimore INS on aug 29th, looks like vSC has requested the papers after transfering my case to Baltimore.

YOU SHOULD BE LUCKY, MINE IT IS BAD

You should be really lucky, mine it is all messed up, consulate still have the file, dont know what the hell to do, nobody gives a damn to my case,

No Title

to be:

I thought your case was transferred to Baltimore in May so your I-140 was requested much after the transfer but before your interview. Just make sure that VSC has transferred your I-140 to Baltimore too (maybe calling IIO at VSC may help or contacting IIO at B-INS). Keep us posted -- looking forward to your approval soon!

No Title

Yes, my case was transfered in may, I will try to contact the IIO at VSC and at B-INS and let you know.

Question to Kini and to be?? Please help in the same boat!!

Came to know today that NVC have sent my 140 to the consulate in chennai last september.
1. How would I contact the guys in chennai consulate to see if they still have the case, any phone#\'s or email ids would be great??
2. What is the NVC case number (is that the I-140 EAC #, or something else)??

Your timely help would be great.

Thanks and Good Luck to you both

NV CASE NUMBER

Try contacting NVC, give them your I140, they will give NVC case number, mail that number to consulate and they ill reply back promptly within 4 business days.

KIni

Talked to NVC regarding \' File sent to embassy\'

I talked to NVC about file moved from NVC to respective embassy. They told me that if INS needs the file they either request from NVC or they pull it from their records. It was INS who issued our I-140. I even talked to my lawyer and he said there is nothing we have to do. My I-140 was approved for CP. Packet 3 was sent to the lawyer. Than I decided not to go for CP. I applied I 485. ND March 13th 01.
Thanks.

FEB 2000 PENDING, PROBLEM WITH I140, IMMIGRANT VISA FROM HOME COUNTRY

Spoke to IIO last week, she was very arrogant and curt, newer wanted to even look at the status by taking in receipt number. Anyway after convincing, she took the case number and told my case is with officer from sep 28, as per earlier iio it is with officer from past 4 months, have no idea what these people are talking about. When I explained the application state, she became angry and started telling how difficult the process and how lots of things are involved, anyway it was of no use talking, asked to call me back in mid dec. SO the wait continues endlessly

I140 still in Chennai consulate

ND 12/00
140 is still sitting in Chennai consulate. INS till date have not requested for it. I guess Kini was right, the guys in consulate are really super fast. Friends, does that mean I would have to file I824 to request the file back? Any ideas?

This wait is frustrating.

Good Luck to all