I140 RFE -subst labor -- Please help

SanJoseIndian

Registered Users (C)
My lawyers received an RFE on may 23rd and told me that they needed
my transcripts. when i gave a copy to them within 2 days, now they tell me that they are waiting to receive some information from the employer too (business justification) and refuse to give me any more information regarding the same.
They even refuse to give me the name of the person they are in contact with in my company.

What can i do and how can i handle this ?

I know exactly what you are going through. If the lawyer has done an okay job so far, you should not worry too much. Legally the lawyer cannot share any information without the permission of your employer about the RFE for the employer section.
One of my colleague is going through the same trouble. The lawyer and the employer will take some time. As long as you have some confidence that they will respond within the stipulated time you should be safe.

update

Now they are informing me that they have collected the required information from the employer and hopefully will file a response next week... I still dont know what exactly they wanted from the employer.. But as you pointed out, i did not know it was legally not possible to give information.

thanks.