I140 RFE for experience evaluation

Frantix

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I recently received an RFE on my I140. My labor cert requirements asked for a BS with 2 yrs experience. The RFE asks for proof of 2 yrs of experience.

I have a MS during which time I also worked as a research assistant. The RA job was part-time for 2 yrs and full time for 6 months. So I still need to show 6 more months of experience. Does anyone know if BCIS counts MS degree as job experience?

Frantix

Frantix,
Difficult to answer your question.

If your labor needs BS+ 2yrs experience, then you should have that 2 yrs exp.

While applying for labor, there should have been a clause like BS+ 2yrs exp or MS degree.

Since your labor was approved proving that there was NO US citizens with that skills/experience/degree and you have a higher degree plus close to 2 yrs experience, you might be fine. But I am not sure.

Don't go to details. Just take an experience letter mentioning you have worked for 2 year from where you used to work and send it to INS.

BTW, what is yours I-140 RD and ND?

Jan concurrent filer

MD - 01/17/03
ND - 02/04/03

I'm guessing they started processing my EAD and thats how they sent the RFE on the I140.

Frantix

do you have the enough time gap

dont go into too much details - after completion of BS, just give that experience (if you haven't already shown the MSc , etc in educational - just give them what they want, letter from known people in India/ whatever..

Have you checked the status of u r EAD

I guess VSC working on application filed on 03/06/2003 for EAD .

I guess you should have something from VSC by this time? Did you check