I140 RFE and lawyer asks more fees

omvpe

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I recently got RFE from USCIS. I filed I-140 last May from LA. My lawyer charged me additional $700 and she said she regards it as a new case. Now, I asked for help in writing support letters and etc and she charged additional $600.

I got angry and I wonder if

I can file myself the documents without going through her office or
it's still better to submit via her office.

What option would I have?

Thanks.

omvpe said:
Hi,

I recently got RFE from USCIS. I filed I-140 last May from LA. My lawyer charged me additional $700 and she said she regards it as a new case. Now, I asked for help in writing support letters and etc and she charged additional $600.

Thanks.

This is outrageous. Call 1800 number and ask how to fire your lawyer. This forum will provide engough information for you to handle your case by yourself. But if your case is employment based, you 'd go through your employer though.

Only your employer can help you in case of I-140.
If it was I-485, you could have helped yourself.
Talk to your employer

omvpe said:
Hi,

Thanks.
and many times (if not every) the RFEs are result of atorney's incompetency

omvpe said:
Hi,

Thanks.
Then you may ask your lawyer what on earth you represent, only type the form but charge $1000+? The case has not been over.