I140-Redo Application Approved. What Next?

RichardB

Registered Users (C)
My I140-Redo application approved on Nov\'30 2000. Am I required to
send the approval notice(Which I have not received yet.) to INS by
telling them to attach it to my pending I485 or they will do this
automatically. Can any body suggest.

I485 RD : Jul2000
     ND : Aug6th 2000
FP : 5th Jul 2000

Thanks,

XYZ

No Title

I think it will be a good idea to send them a copy of your RFE & I-140 approval, to remind them to approve your I-485, I don\'t think you loose anything by doing so, if at all, you only stand to gain....

No Title

I know that. The only thing is I have to convinve my company lawyers to do that. and if it is required or If it speeds up the process, I will do that. Otherwise they may say, we already responded to that and we don\'t have to do it again. We need sound argument to convince several layers.

Thanks any way for quick reply.

xyz

No Title

XYZ123,
congrats !!!!
Sending ammmended I-140 approval notice definitely speeds up The GC approval as in my case my lawyer did it on her own.
One argument to convince ur lawyer is u can tell them INS is such a massive organisation and that it is not so stream lined so it will be a better idea for u guys to let INS know that ammended I-140 has been approved and morever the burden is on applicant to redo I-140 and inform INs of ammended I-140 approval .
In addition u can tell them most of ur friends\'s attorneys have send ammended I-140 approval notice to INS.
These are my suggestions and this what I would do under these circumstances.
---Have a Nice day !!

No Title

Do ask your lawyer to send the copy of I-140 amendment approval notice to VSC ASAP. My lwayer did the same and I got my approval after that. Sending the copy triggers VSC to open your 485 file again. VSC is not that automated, you know!!

No Title

a sinha, did u specifically ask ur lawyer to send the I-140
approval notice to INS, or did they do it themselves?

No Title

I did ask him to do that. My lawyer was going to do that anyway. You should also make sure hat your lawyer does the same.