I140 questions - rather long

ananth gopal

Hi
Where can you find the Notice Date info? The AVM says INS received my I-140 petition on Feb 25 2002 and it takes 150-240 days. My lawyer\'s office sent me an email saying the INS has ack\'ed with an EAC#. I guess i am not sure how you guys can know what your ND is? If i can hear the status of my case in the AVM does that mean i have a ND - that my case has been entered in their computer system? Also, checked the shusterman site for Vermont Processing times (updated on June 06) and looks like VSC is processing I-140 cases received (or is it ND = "received" on AVM) on/before 02/04/2002 and the update prior to this (April 04 2002) indicated that VSC was processing I-140 cases recd on/befor 01/31/2002. It\'s moved just 4 days in 2 months...can\'t believe it..I see a lot of discussion about EB-2 guys getting mad that some EB-3\'s got approved. When all dates are Current does it matter whether one is on EB-2 or EB3 ? I mean it should take the same amount of processing time irrespective of the category, right? It\'s like signing up for "Gold service" and "Silver service" when there is plenty of bandwidth for both..i think the real effects for these categories will be felt only during periods of congestion, which may not be the case now with so many layoffs...Really sorry for the long msg..Any help/comments would be appreciated

thanks
ananth